I dreamed of another World.ORBX did it.

FILOU

3 minutes ago, Rodger Pettichord said:

Hey FILOU. Given your heading, I'm tempted to say that this is an otherworldly shot. But even though it is I won't. There's too many puns in this world already. :lol:

It's a point of view like any other:)

FYI guys, I have had XP11 for a  year and half. It took me about a year to really get to know this sim and build it to my liking, meaning yes one has to spend some money no different than P3Dv4.  I just bought the GB TE and have been flying around. Its superb for ortho, custom layers, overlays, colour matching ortho tiles etc. And well worth the money.

But I will point out what some others are already saying, there are already ortho products that are actually better resolution on the ground than this, Ive seen them...the real take always is all you have to do it pay for it (Orbx product) and its done for you. I believe the best part of XP11 is the ortho and overlays. I have much of the USA and the state of Washington is actually free and better then this for the ground resolution.

So I would not hold back on XP11, get up to date, take your time in growing the sim for addons that work for improving the sky and water. And slowly add ortho with overlays, there are tons out there, you will need terabytes of data storage though, most use external drives and shortcut their scenery to the sim.

I love some of what P3DV4 has to offer, I keep both, just bought the A2A Beechcraft 35 v tail, nice plane...but I will  say this once you get the hang of the change over and get the sim to your liking, its hard to go back.

I keep both, I work on both. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

If you get XP11 absolutely buy Realistic Pro...which add full emersion cockpit and ambient effects for shaking, movements, sounds, 5 times better then A2A accu feel, bare none.

Bryan

20 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

FYI guys, I have had XP11 for a  year and half. It took me about a year to really get to know this sim and build it to my liking, meaning yes one has to spend some money no different than P3Dv4.  I just bought the GB TE and have been flying around. Its superb for ortho, custom layers, overlays, colour matching ortho tiles etc. And well worth the money.

But I will point out what some others are already saying, there are already ortho products that are actually better resolution on the ground than this, Ive seen them...the real take always is all you have to do it pay for it (Orbx product) and its done for you. I believe the best part of XP11 is the ortho and overlays. I have much of the USA and the state of Washington is actually free and better then this for the ground resolution.

So I would not hold back on XP11, get up to date, take your time in growing the sim for addons that work for improving the sky and water. And slowly add ortho with overlays, there are tons out there, you will need terabytes of data storage though, most use external drives and shortcut their scenery to the sim.

I love some of what P3DV4 has to offer, I keep both, just bought the A2A Beechcraft 35 v tail, nice plane...but I will  say this once you get the hang of the change over and get the sim to your liking, its hard to go back.

I keep both, I work on both. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

If you get XP11 absolutely buy Realistic Pro...which add full emersion cockpit and ambient effects for shaking, movements, sounds, 5 times better then A2A accu feel, bare none.

Bryan

Hello Bryan

I fly on XP11 since its release. It's very easy to use and it brings an incomparable flying pleasure.I used Ortho4XP on many European countries but today with TrueEart GB South you have in your hands what is best. Finished the difference of colors, finished the clouds on the scenery , finished the place blur, finished the houses on the roads, finished the trees in the middle of the fields.I only bought 2/3 add-on a Weather engine and two or three plane .So little thing but an incredible feeling.XP11 was my best revelation 2017.And today you can buy a large hard drive for a small price.XP11 has only a promising future and nothing else.

Archived