FTX Norway - Tromso

Sabretooth78

I have a couple of curious errors in and around Tromso:

There are a couple of bridges missing their deck; both are of the same style so I'm assuming there is a common solution - best example is the one right next to the airport:

2018-10-8_16-40-19-169.thumb.jpg.b8bdb7c787042ea6a17c6fe5f4ba9f86.jpg

I also have this building at the top of a hill; looks more like it belongs at Cape Canaveral rather than in Norway:

2018-10-8_16-39-57-750.thumb.jpg.603597b5c280b9f92d512792adeeb000.jpg

Any suggestions?  I reinstalled FTX Norway and the ORBX Libraries and these anomalies persist.

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I see the same problem with the bridge.

I think it may be the same problem as this:

The tower is there is the real world, though not with an American flag in my copy.

Ok, at least it's not just me and it's a known bug.

The funny thing about the building (aside from the flag) is that mine still looks subtly different than yours.  Note that yours is mostly gray on the side facing the camera whereas mine is white with some sort of protrusion.

Hi guys,

funny thing about that tall building: it's obviously a stand-in default object, the most similar I could find back when I was working on FTX Norway was one of the Cape Canaveral rocket assembly buildings, scaled-down. As you can see from the FSX object library screenshot there's no US flag. It appears that L-M went patriotic and added it to the P3D texture sheet, hence the somewhat incongruous flag. I can provide an exclude for the building if people would like me to.

As for the bridges I can't duplicate the issue here. There's been a couple of recent reports of display issues in other locations too (Squamish, Gold Coast, etc.) but I haven't been able to determine what the underlying cause might be. The thing is these are so-called "extrusion bridges" that are assembled in-game by FSX/P3D based on data about location and height of bridge pylons as well as bridge deck type and width. Thus, there are no model or library files for these and the only files exposed to developers and end users are the texture sheets. We don't alter those texture sheets and I'm not sure it's even a texture issue that causes that partial transparency; it might be shaders related or something else.

My screenshot is from a recent P3Dv4 installation with only Orbx add-ons installed. I suppose people that have those bride display corruptions might want to exchange information about possible common denominators in terms of add-ons, shader tweakers, settings, etc.

FYI, those default texture sheets are located in \Scenery\Global\texture with their file parameters as shown in the screenshot.

Cheers, Holger

FTX Norway - Tromso tall building - Bld_Canaveral_VIF.jpg

FTX Norway - extrusion bridge in P3Dv4.jpg

P3Dv4 extrusion bridge default textures.jpg

Unless there can be a fix to put the correct building in place, I suppose I can deal with it - at least the US flag doesn't look too too different from the Norwegian at a quick glance!

Regarding the bridges, I do the "default" Matt Davies PTA shaders.  I'll clear those out next time I have a chance and see what happens.

I tried a few things, to no avail in making the bridges reappear:

• Removed PTA preset
  • Played around with/without AA
  • Deleted Prepar3d.cfg
  • Replaced bridge*.dds files (all dates matched the screenshot above) with backed-up files from clean installation.

• 4 weeks later...

I just replaced the 12 subject texture files with those from my old FSX installation (I still have a copy on a Windows 7 virtual machine where they look fine, like yours) and the issue persists, so is it possible there's some other file(s) that could be causing this?

Hi

Just got here by coincidence

I think you were so focused on the bridge that didn't notice certain differences that might be important.

If you put both images together you'll see that the one with the problem has a different color of the ground, why? 

All is flat and has no autogen, no buildings near the shore no trees

While Holger's has a uniform color and lots of autogen and trees

Could this be a library issue or similar?

VU0ukhO.jpg

Just wondering.

It doesn't look exactly the same terrain to me.

Trying to help only

Apologies if I'm mistaken

Cheers

I never noticed that the tint of the ground was slightly different; although I don't believe I have any missing library entries - in fact I had just run FTX Central to catch a new purchase and the KSAN update.  It could just be due to a combination of HDR/PTA/different shaders or Active Sky visibility settings or even image compression - if something like that, so poorly matching the surroundings was occurring regularly I would have noticed it.  There is autogen present if you look carefully enough, but it's not very visible because I have it set to sparse and medium (if I recall) distance for airliner flights, under which the screenshot was taken.

Archived