Problem with PAJN

jt233

Hello, So I just purchased PAJN airport for P3D V4 when I went to do a test flight at the airport starting on runway 8 then the plane starts above the ground and just falls and crashes into the runway. I went into the Airport Elevation tool but did not find PAJN in the list so can't correct the elevation. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks 

7 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Do you also have FTX SAK installed and if so did you disable the FTX SAK PAJN airport files?

Yes I have FTX SAK installed but didn't disable the files. Do you know where I can find a guide on how to do it? I tried searching online but didn't see it.

Thanks. 

36 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Mine works great with zero elevation issues, I have disabled the following files from FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery  ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN.BGL, ADE_FTX_SAK_PAJN_CVX.bgl and FTX_SAK_objects_PAJN_PLC.bgl. 

When you say to disable the files  Are you talking about in the scenery manager?

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

No, just disable the actual files. Just rename them by adding an .OFF to the end of the filename so that it's no longer a .BGL file.

So I just tried this as well as reinstalling the airport but it did not fix the problem. The airport looks fine visually so I'm not sure if it's an elevation problem. Also if I start with the plane at the gate it loads with the plane on the ground like it should but when I try and start on runway 8 then the plane loads in the air above the runway.  Any other ideas?

Thanks

Hi there,

Orbx PAJN works as intended without having to deactivate any SAK files; otherwise we would have implemented this through the PAJN installer or control panel.

To help you check that there's no other add-on active that causes the specific issue you're having I'd recommend running a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of its name -- e.g., search term *PAJN*.bgl -- and posta screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of such a list is shown here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134687-kmry-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1195382

How to post screenshots in our forum: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/122913-how-to-post-a-screenshot/

Cheers, Holger

Hi again,

I'm not sure this has anything to do with the issue but is it correct that your P3D.exe resides directly in "G:\Program Files\"? That's pretty unusual though shouldn't cause problems as long as you originally installed P3D this way and thus the Windows registry path is correct.

Typically, what you describes in your first post happens when the runway start position (as coded in the airport facilities file) is lower than the airport's flatten polygon. In these cases the aircraft gets "squeezed" out of the ground and launched ~500ft into the air. From your list I'm not seeing any obvious files that would cause the discrepancy between the start position and the flatten polygon.

Have you tried with different aircraft to make sure that it's not related to a specific aircraft?

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: Unrelated to any of the above. Unless you specifically prefer to use P3Ds new "SpeedTree" models I'd recommend unchecking the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" checkbox in the display settings menu. The SpeeTree models' light colors clash with our Region's ground texture and also cost quite a few more frames than the "legacy" models. See https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/136268-speedtrees-toggle-onoff-for-ftx-in-p3d-v4/

17 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi again,

I'm not sure this has anything to do with the issue but is it correct that your P3D.exe resides directly in "G:\Program Files\"? That's pretty unusual though shouldn't cause problems as long as you originally installed P3D this way and thus the Windows registry path is correct.

Typically, what you describes in your first post happens when the runway start position (as coded in the airport facilities file) is lower than the airport's flatten polygon. In these cases the aircraft gets "squeezed" out of the ground and launched ~500ft into the air. From your list I'm not seeing any obvious files that would cause the discrepancy between the start position and the flatten polygon.

Have you tried with different aircraft to make sure that it's not related to a specific aircraft?

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: Unrelated to any of the above. Unless you specifically prefer to use P3Ds new "SpeedTree" models I'd recommend unchecking the "Dynamic 3D Autogen Vegetation" checkbox in the display settings menu. The SpeeTree models' light colors clash with our Region's ground texture and also cost quite a few more frames than the "legacy" models. See https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/136268-speedtrees-toggle-onoff-for-ftx-in-p3d-v4/

I installed P3D on a second drive and the folder just got named that lol. Don't worry I only have P3D installed there.:P

Also I did try it with another airplane but got the same thing and when I started at one gate it worked fine but at another it started in the air.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue with fsx (maybe I shouldnt be posting in the prepr3d forum but it's the same issue). screenshots attached. PAJN airport is fine except for the runways which are at a different elevation so the plane sinks on arrival and has to climb up to the runway for takeoff. I have PAJN near the top in the scenery library and have checked for interference from other .bgl files - screenshot attached. apart from the My Traffic file they are all from the ORBX folder. I dont have the FTX Southern Alaska installed, but I did buy the airport as a stand alone.

I have lots of ORBX airports and scenery and this is the only one which gives me a headache.

Any help appreciated,

cheers

Ian

ORBX Juneau2.jpg

ORBX Juneau1.jpg

PAJN filesScreenshot.jpg

Whitehorse (CYXY) has elevation issues

Well I now have Southern Alaska installed and PAJN works well. S Alaska region includes much of Northern British Columbia, including Whitehorse in Canada (CYXY). This is how the Whitehorse airport appears now, with the elevation of the area around the airport above that of the runways and taxiways.

I tried changing the active .bgl file from the ORBX CYXY file to the default, (renaming ABP_CYXY_Default.Inactive) but it made no difference and I have reverted to the ORBX file configuration as shown in the file search screenshot. I also have FTX Global Base and Global Vector installed.

Any ideas please?

cheers

Ian

Whitehorse1.jpg

Whitehorse2.jpg

CYXY search.jpg

Archived