KGPI Double Scenery

BBQSteve

Hi,

Did you have the previous version of KGPI from Turbulent Designs?  If so make sure that scenery is completely uninstalled before installing the ORBX version, including all SODE entries with reference to KGPI.

Please post a screenshot of the anomaly if the issue persists.

Cheers,

There will be a version of the airport (KFCA) which is upgraded if you have the NRM region installed.  The standalone KGPI(KFCA) airport should exclude this and does when it is installed and active.  The user doesn't need to manually disable the NRM version of the airport.

There must be a problem with your installation.  I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling KGPI.  Also reinstall the ORBX libraries (use the Verify files function), and use the FTX Insertion Point Tool to ensure everything is in the right order in your scenery.cfg.  This can be found in the FTX Central settings.

Untitled.jpg

Cheers,

Scott, cofirm NRM installed and turned off the two airport bgls. Now my airplane sinks 10 feet under with only windscreen above surface. Just uninstalled and reinstalled for second time and updated library. There seems to be a previous problem with this scenery before coming to ORBX and makes you wonder why this was not found in beta.

I also turned off the base scenery 0201\apx17140.bgl to see if that helped, it didn't.

Got it working, but it sure doesn"t look like the pictures. I have about a 5' drop off between runway and taxiways.

http://prntscr.com/kppxex

You and me both Steve.. I have exactly the same problems as you, and although this is a first in all my dealings with Orbx, (and I have been with them since day one), I am extremely annoyed about this.. Orbx should have picked this up before release. I will wait one day for a fix,   and if none is forthcoming I will expect a refund. Teecee.

A scenery update might fix this problem, but what about all the other scenery we have installed that it will overwrite?

There is no reason why we should have to jump through hoops every time new scenery comes out. ORBX has been pretty solid in the past, but this joint venture is not working out. This has been an issue at least since March. Read on:

https://www.turbulentdesigns.co.uk/forum/topic/733-kgpi-terrain-issues/

First let me say that I have spent the last three days troubleshooting and fixing problems with other software I had downloaded for the sim and then having to do it again has taken it's toll on the frustration factor. Having vented that, here is what I offer as a solution to this problem.

I posted the forum topic from TD's website and in reading it, it gave me insight to the answer to my problem and I hope all the others who have not already solved their particular issue in the other post Doug sent us to. I, like many other P3Dv4 users, subscribe to Navigraph and fsaerodata to update my sim and other addons. I browsed to the Scenery/0201/scenery folder and found APX17140.bgl which Little NavMap said was the scenery file in use for KGPI. In there were two files, APX17140.bgl and APX17140.bgl.FSAD. I merely renamed the .bgl file to .bgl.off and the .FSAD file to the .bgl. Started P3Dv4 and all was fine and good. Went back and added KGPI in, still good and then reinstalled Northern Rockies and all was still good.

So this is my offering. If you use fsaerodata or any other data file to override your original navdata, try this. I did not think that those files modified elevation, but apparently they do. Please let me know if this helps and ORBX, let TDI know so they can actually fix this problem in their airport.

Before:

http://prntscr.com/kprl62

After:

http://prntscr.com/kprhc8

Hello all here!

I have the same issue with "double" scenery parts at KGPI.

Before installing Orbx' new version I've deinstalled Turbulent Design's own version and I've backuped

ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_Glacier_Park_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_NRM_KFCA_Glacier_Park_Intl_CVX.bgl

out of ...FTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERY\scenery. The problems are a double taxiway, grass on the correct taxiway and double PAPIs.

There are no double AFCADs beside the FS X-Installation of the same scenery.

Any idea was causes and how to correct that?

Thanks a lot!

Bert

KGPI Glacier Park International Airport

Your transaction ID is 5b8a5e49e811b.

KGPIDoubles.png

1 hour ago, BBQSteve said:

Try turning off APx17140.bgl in base 0201

Hello,

this type of suggestion is never a correct solution and would introduce numerous

other problems that did not exist before.

Looking at the screen shot there is another airport still active at the same place and

there are therefore other files to find and disable before this version will look as it should.

53 minutes ago, BBQSteve said:

40 years of simming and I still know nothing.

If it cures his problem, then I know he has a conflicting scenery and we can go from there. What is your suggestion?

It should be possible to disagree without the need to make such remarks.

If it cures his problem it means that the airport that he is seeing is not excluding the default airport.

It does not indicate whether there is or is not a conflicting airport.

I realize you are late to the rodeo, but if you read this thread from the beginning you may get a better insight.

As for the remark, and I probably should have left this off, there is an air about other people helping and being treated like they know nothing and only certain people know anything.

On 9/2/2018 at 5:18 PM, teecee said:

You and me both Steve.. I have exactly the same problems as you, and although this is a first in all my dealings with Orbx, (and I have been with them since day one), I am extremely annoyed about this.. Orbx should have picked this up before release. I will wait one day for a fix,   and if none is forthcoming I will expect a refund. Teecee.

Hello Terry,

as the proposed fix of the exact same problem didn't work, do you have any backups of APx17140.bgl in your

scenery/0201/scenery folder?

Hi all here!

BBQSteve is right - thank you very much: Deavtivation of APX17140.BGL within ...\scenery\0201 solves the problem.

As for now I cannot see any distrubances in the (near) vincintiy of the airport.

Anyway I've asked TD for assistance as Nick can be right: Deactivating such files are normally suspected to maybe cause problems somewhere else.

I see that on my system FS Aerodata has deactivated the original file while updating the nav-database with that tool and has replaced it with the most current stuffed one. So a deactivated APX17140.bgl actualized nav-sources are lost.

Best regards for now!

Bert

Bert, that was just a test to see if it would clear up the problem. So for now deactivate the .bgl to .bgl.off and rename the..bgl.fsad to just .bgl for now. You will only lose some navdata for that area until they get it fixed or until you leave the airport then change the files back. I know, poor solution, but.......

Archived