True Earth vs real life.

jlund

Your'e right, it looks like this also in the sim, so a very good job by ORBX. I have always thought that we have a lot of windmills in Denmark, but you have your fair share of them as well :-)

I was in the Netherlands three years ago and went to a place called Zaanse Schans, so that and Kinderdijk and  mills of Schiedam  will be my next adventure in FTX NLTE.

• 1 month later...

The scenery itself is not bad, but they haven't built Lelystad EHLE airport very good. Honestly it looks like an Auto Gen airport. I was so disappointed, when I have seen, what they have done with the airport. They have a museum at one end of the runway with many planes parking outside. The biggest one a KLM 747. Here you find nothing. Opposite the terminals and hangars you are now finding the new terminals for airliners with a huge carpark. At true earth is nothing but a field. Have a look at X-Plane 11 default scenery Lelystad and you know, what is possible. Other ORBX sceneries are much better. I have bought the whole ORBX world and knoe, what I am talking about.

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2018 at 5:34 PM, pbsflight said:

The scenery itself is not bad, but they haven't built Lelystad EHLE airport very good. Honestly it looks like an Auto Gen airport. I was so disappointed, when I have seen, what they have done with the airport. They have a museum at one end of the runway with many planes parking outside. The biggest one a KLM 747. Here you find nothing. Opposite the terminals and hangars you are now finding the new terminals for airliners with a huge carpark. At true earth is nothing but a field. Have a look at X-Plane 11 default scenery Lelystad and you know, what is possible. Other ORBX sceneries are much better. I have bought the whole ORBX world and knoe, what I am talking about.

I think you are being a bit harsh. The True Earth package is a scenery package not an airport package (but it does feature airports). The X-Plane Scenery Gateway has contributors all over the world putting in insane amount of hours to create, so to compare a one off airport could easily be hit and miss.

There will be plenty of airports in the Netherlands package which will be much better than X-Planes Scenery Gateway versions and one would hope as the Netherlands scenery makes it's way to other platforms, then it will be tweaked and improved and Aerofly should pickup those updates as well.

On 10/13/2018 at 6:45 PM, John Venema said:

We could sell you EHLE for $39.95 if you want?

Good morning, John.

Sorry for that late response. Are you having EHLE/Lelystad for P3D true earth Netherlands? I haven’t seen it.

it would be interesting to see, how it looks like.

i have bought more or less the whole ORBX world and also some airports. I am still thinking, that ORBX quality is the best and worth the money. Especially the airports are absolutely amazing. 

I have found out now, that you are separate private from professional customers. Have to pay a price 20 times higher than private customers. How can I get into contact with you to discuss this issue? 

Greetings

Patrick

On 12/12/2018 at 11:50 AM, John Venema said:

Hello Patrick,

We will be establishing a commercial sales team in 2019. In the meantime all commercial licenses are served through our self-help portal here: https://orbxdirect.com/commercial

There is a PDF document on that page which explains the process of creating a commercial OrbxDirect account.

Thank you very much for your answer.

The problem I do have right now is, not to know, how to handle or separate all the sceneries I have bought from you for private and business use at my flight simulator in 2019. 

as I said before, I have bought more or less your whole ORBX world. I didn’t wanted to use any copies, because I absolutely respect your superb work. 

I will renting out my flight simulator next year to flight enthusiasts, but also using it on a private base for myself.

I can’t afford to pay ten thousands of Dollars or Euros for software. 

My idea is, if I really have to buy commercial software, because I am not a developer or reseller, to buy the scenery most of my customers might be interested in, what will be Germany, and the other sceneries are not in use for customers. 

I do not want to have any illegal action and this is the reason, why I am asking you.

regards

Patrick

You need to separate your personal use of your simulator versus commercial use (where you are charging customers to use it with Orbx scenery.)

There are two possible solutions:

1. Install a second copy of the simulator software, perhaps on a different drive or partition, and use that exclusively for commercial use. Only license the Orbx software you intend to use commercially.

2. Buy another PC for the commercial business and install the sim and commercial Orbx licenses on that. Only install what you need.

In both cases you need to create another OrbxDirect account and tick the ‘Commercial’ box so the prices are relevant and you are under the correct CULA. Option 2 is probably the best because you won’t need to log out/in of FTX Central and its a nice clean separate environment. It may also give you the opportunity to build a PC with better components to deliver your customers the best visual experience.

Thank you again for the quick response.

I am thinking about using solution 1, because the simulator is full motion and there is only space enough for one computer.

I will ask the producer of the simulator to install a professional German ORBX scenery on the simulator, because this is the scenery which  is probably interesting for my  customers. Is there a refund on the already bought German scenery or are you also having those 50 % sale prices on professional sceneries? Regards. Patrick

Archived