Netherlands TrueEarth AFS2 - WOW!

cabnz

All I can say is WTF? Its incredible. Wow doesn't even cover it.

Its hands down the most impressive scenery package I have ever seen and not a blurry texture in sight. :)

Oh, and the performance is off the charts.........

1 hour ago, Theveyre said:

Any idea of when it will be released on steam?

I don't know when Steam will have it, but you can buy it directly from Orbx.  It installs via FTX Central, even if you purchased AFS2 from Steam.

(I purchased AFS2 from Steam, but all my Orbx scenery for it has been from Orbx Direct.)

1 hour ago, Matt McGee said:

I don't know when Steam will have it, but you can buy it directly from Orbx.  It installs via FTX Central, even if you purchased AFS2 from Steam.

(I purchased AFS2 from Steam, but all my Orbx scenery for it has been from Orbx Direct.)

Same here

9 hours ago, Matt McGee said:

Yeah but form Orbx i have to have a Visa , but I have a simple credit card

I can't think of any scenery I've ever had in a flight sim that has looked as good as this with this kind of framerate. In 2D, with graphics set to ultra, I'm getting between 150-250 fps. Even the built up areas over Rotterdam and Amsterdam haven't dropped below 150fps. In VR it's lovely and smooth.

Only slight negative I have noticed is an occasional pause/stutter, I guess as new bits get loaded, which was maybe more due the F-18 flying quite fast. I didn't notice this on the Jungmeister biplane in VR.

I think OrbX has done a good job with the water too. We don't have DCS World quality water in AFS2 at this point, but the way it's depicted is a good solution in my mind and doesn't detract from the experience too much. Animated wind turbines are nice, and the overall mix of ground textures and buildings is very believable. 

Overall I'm very satisfied with this scenery, I think it's very good value for money and a consistently high quality piece of work. Highly recommended.

5 hours ago, Theveyre said:

Yeah but form Orbx i have to have a Visa , but I have a simple credit card

????

You don't have to have Visa. Mastercard e. g. will also do. And what do you mean with "simple cc"? Visa is a "simple" cc.

1 hour ago, wolfko said:

????

You don't have to have Visa. Mastercard e. g. will also do. And what do you mean with "simple cc"? Visa is a "simple" cc.

it's a Vpay card, I tried to pay with it didn't work, Usually I've got to select "Credit card"

6 hours ago, Theveyre said:

Yeah but form Orbx i have to have a Visa

There is some discussion of payment methods in these threads.  (The search function yields some other hits too.)

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/135602-payment-options/?tab=comments#comment-1202124

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134851-maybe-other-payment-options/

Hopefully you can find something that works for you.

1 hour ago, Matt McGee said:

Be warned, unless you have a lot of free space on your C drive the FTX Central option may not be suitable.  I tried to install this just now and it has filled up my C drive.  I wish I'd waited for Steam now.

11 minutes ago, Majickthyse said:

I tried to install this just now and it has filled up my C drive.  I wish I'd waited for Steam now.

FTX Central just installs the scenery into your main AFS2 folder doesn't it?  Isn't that where Steam puts it too?

If you have an issue with the size or location of the Orbx temp folder that FTXC uses, you can change that too.

Edit:  I just checked my installation.  I purchased AFS2 from Steam.  I have purchased all my Orbx scenery from OrbxDirect.  All my Orbx scenery has been installed, via FTX Central and it is all stored in the SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator AddOns/scenery folder.

Just now, Matt McGee said:

FTX Central just installs the scenery into your main AFS2 folder doesn't it?  Isn't that where Steam puts it too?

If you have an issue with the size or location of the Orbx temp folder that FTXC uses, you can change that too.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response.

I'm assuming that FTX Central must be filling up temp drives on the C drive.  As it is trying to download you can see the C drive space falling and then the download on fails on FTX saying there is not enough space. 

There are no options at all that I can see on FTX Central telling it where to install to, or where to store temp files.  I found a post from Nick Cooper from November last year giving instructions for moving the Windows TEMP folders in general.  Although I'd prefer not to have to do that sort of thing I've given it a try but it's making no difference..

I'm going to give it another try, but this all seems a bit Heath Robinson, and I would have thought FTX Central should be able to install to, and use, a drive other than C.

Regards

Jon

22 minutes ago, Majickthyse said:

I would have thought FTX Central should be able to install to, and use, a drive other than C.

It can.  Mine is set up that way.  I've just forgotten how to do it.  I was just starting to search the forum for how to do it, because that is where I got the directions, when I saw your reply pop up.   I'll post the link to the thread here when I find it.  (I just beta test for Orbx, so I'm not part of their official support staff.) 

My OS is on 500 MB SSD, my Orbx Temp folder is on a 1TB SSD (where my P3D is), and AFS2 is in my SteamLibrary on a 3TD HD.  So it can be done. :)

Is just noticed your separate post on this issue.  You'll get help from the support staff quicker if you post in the support forum.  One of the moderators will probably move it for you.

Edit:  To change the location of your Orbx/Temp folder..

- Open FTX Central.

- Select your simulator.

- Click Settings in the lower left corner.

- Under General section, Temp Download Location, click Choose Location

- Browse to the location you want to use.

Hope that helps.

Archived