Arriving at Oshkosh -- Live

The controllers there are all volunteers.  There are very strict rules for traffic at Oshkosh and, for the most part, they are followed by the vast majority of the pilots.  At least in my experience flying in there several times.  But wore betide the one who decides to do it is own way!!!

Once again events have proven that intelligence ( it requires intelligence to become a pilot ) has no real relationship to idiocy.  All those idiots had to do is count to 30  before passing the same point as the aircraft in front of them to maintain the asked for 3/4 mile separation.

Dale

On 7/24/2018 at 7:08 AM, Gypsy Pilot said:

Once again events have proven that intelligence ( it requires intelligence to become a pilot ) has no real relationship to idiocy.  All those idiots had to do is count to 30  before passing the same point as the aircraft in front of them to maintain the asked for 3/4 mile separation.

Dale

Absolutely.  Nowadays, it seems, there are many pilots out there with way more airplane than skill.

One year that I was there, a controller friend was working Oshkosh and invited me up.  It was chaos, indeed.  They only worked 15 minutes on and 15 off to catch their breath.  And that was in the middle of the week when traffic was comparatively light.

Archived