And the tests continue

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks, yes, I agree, lots more testing. :)

one downside of the flightismmming hobby is that you spend lots of time tweaking and testing and tweaking than actually flying the thing

10 minutes ago, jotaedo said:

one downside of the flightismmming hobby is that you spend lots of time tweaking and testing and tweaking than actually flying the thing

Yup, and when LM releases an "update" it breaks a lot of add-ons which then need to be updated.  I agree, I waste entirely too much time fiddling around.  Such is life.  At least one thing is certain, Orbx is rock solid.

14 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yup, and when LM releases an "update" it breaks a lot of add-ons which then need to be updated.  I agree, I waste entirely too much time fiddling around.  Such is life.  At least one thing is certain, Orbx is rock solid.

FACT!

I was frightened when LM announced 4.3 coming soon I think is better to keep a low number of add-ons... fewer headaches to set everything again.. since this hobby implies to format from time to time, but to be honest p3d feels more stable than I was expecting in the first time but less stable than my beloved fs9 (once I hold the same setup of sim+windows+ everything for more than a year)

1 minute ago, jotaedo said:

FACT!

I was frightened when LM announced 4.3 coming soon I think is better to keep a low number of add-ons... fewer headaches to set everything again.. since this hobby implies to format from time to time, but to be honest p3d feels more stable than I was expecting in the first time but less stable than my beloved fs9 (once I hold the same setup of sim+windows+ everything for more than a year)

I have never once, going all the way back to FSX days have had to reformat a PC.  I have a great global backup program and run CC Cleaner regularly.  The guys at Jetline tell me this strategy is wise as he said I have one of the cleanest and stable systems he's run into.  I never under any circumstances upgrade anything (except Orbx) when it's first out, I wait, scour forums for problems people are having, and just wait to see how it shakes out.  It's all about being cautious for me at least.

Jack

I've been out for a while, but have seen your recent posts. The expense of the new PC and the time tweaking have been worth it, IMHO.

Your shots are uniformly much better across the board! Lighting, colors and shadows are superb. What ever you did to your settings has paid off nicely.

Keep at it... Mike

2 minutes ago, mikewies said:

Jack

I've been out for a while, but have seen your recent posts. The expense of the new PC and the time tweaking have been worth it, IMHO.

Your shots are uniformly much better across the board! Lighting, colors and shadows are superb. What ever you did to your settings has paid off nicely.

Keep at it... Mike

Thanks Mike!  Very much appreciated my friend!  I agree, all I have is all of Orbx's stuff, PTA with Matt Davie's preset that I modified only slightly, REX for three sky colors and ground textures only, ASCA and AS4 for weather and clouds, and that's it.  Very pleased with it and with all this horsepower it runs very smoothly, and I am very grateful and fortunate to have this new PC.

Cheers!

These are outstanding Jack, you must be as pleased as punch with the results you are getting.

Now here is something strange, I did this flight on Friday but in reverse.

KMRY was hidden in the sea mist and it was a great experience coming down through the murk on the ILS.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

These are outstanding Jack, you must be as pleased as punch with the results you are getting.

Now here is something strange, I did this flight on Friday but in reverse.

KMRY was hidden in the sea mist and it was a great experience coming down through the murk on the ILS.

Thanks Martyn!  I am extremely pleased, still some insects to work out though.  Odd isn't that how we all seem to do that?  And there's nothing like coming out of the murk on ILS, it always brings a huge smile to my face.

Archived