Extremely disappointed with KSAN

I recently purchased KSAN for P3Dv4. To say I am disappointed is a understatement. The textures are terrible on taxiways, runways and buildings (miscolored), the tugs are missing wheels, the water around KSAN is flowing onto houses (and yes I ran global vector before flying out). The Jetbridge wheels go into the ground when lowering, the jetbridges are also parked in the way of other gates. There are many more issues but I would be writing a book on this post...

I know ORBX claims they don't provide refunds, but I was looking for a great scenery for KSAN, and that certainly isn't what I got. 

Sincerely Disappointed, 

Eric

I realise that Nick has answered you complaint, but I have to make a point here.. Surely you must realise that many hundreds of the members here have successfully installed  and are delighted with Orbx KSFO (look at the forums and the screenshots) . Would it not have been better to quietly and politely ask for assistance?.. Think about it. Teecee.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Eric,

welcome to the forums.

Thank you for your comments.

It seems clear that you have not read the refunds policy.

A refund can be requested using the Orbx Direct support ticket system.

Nick,

Thanks for getting back to me this is what I saw on the page "We do not accept refunds or exchange on computer software due to copyright and licensing restrictions"   I guess i should have read further.

21 minutes ago, teecee said:

I realise that Nick has answered you complaint, but I have to make a point here.. Surely you must realise that many hundreds of the members here have successfully installed  and are delighted with Orbx KSFO (look at the forums and the screenshots) . Would it not have been better to quietly and politely ask for assistance?.. Think about it. Teecee.

I am not talking about SFO, I am talking about KSAN. Thanks

Just now, teecee said:

Same applies..Terry.

Okay sounds good. 

I have looked at some posts. 

1. Object Flow, my object flow is turned on in both P3Dv4 and FTX Central.

2. I have made all Graphics sliders as high as possible and still no change.

3. I have re-run FTX Vector to auto config scenery/terrain and still no change.

4. I have disable the PTA tweaks and no change.

Lastly, I see alot of folks have  CTD with KSAN, and luckily, I do not have that.

Does anyone have any other ideas? I can certainly post some screenshots to this forum after dinner if that help.

Not sure If I should get the refund? Maybe someone can help me fix?

Thanks!

Hello,

I was a little short on time, so I simply answered your question.

We will be happy to help you with your installation of the airport.

Screen shots with coordinates of the faults you see would be

helpful in diagnosing what might be wrong for you.

12 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I was a little short on time, so I simply answered your question.

We will be happy to help you with your installation of the airport.

Screen shots with coordinates of the faults you see would be

helpful in diagnosing what might be wrong for you.

Ive tired everything I see on the forums, Im going to get store credit and maybe buy PSP or something

As you wish.

Have you looked at the KSAN product screen shots and compared them with what you see?

The point being that unless you can show that the product is not up to standard, you may not

succeed in your request for a refund.

The fact that you cannot make it work, when others can, does not justify a refund per se.

Naturally you can still ask.

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

As you wish.

Have you looked at the KSAN product screen shots and compared them with what you see?

The point being that unless you can show that the product is not up to standard, you may not

succeed in your request for a refund.

The fact that you cannot make it work, when others can, does not justify a refund per se.

Naturally you can still ask.

I will post screenshots here shortly. Thanks

Water Issue - http://prntscr.com/j2b9lj

Grainy Textures Grainy (also theres no grass at KSAN, its painted green) - http://prntscr.com/j2ba1c

Runway Grainy Textures - http://prntscr.com/j2baja

Weird Purple Parking Lot - http://prntscr.com/j2bavk

Jetways in Other Parking Spots - http://prntscr.com/j2bbs3

Three Wheel Tug and bad Ground Equip Textures - http://prntscr.com/j2bcii

Thanks

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Extremely disappointed with KSAN

Hi ebolt,

I will do another update for KSAN in next months, for your current problems, i can say, are you using 5mt mesh ? i didn't see these water problems, your screens are extremely zoomed so is possible the scenery is not fully loaded from that distance and this could cause ths water issue. but i will check if is present also in my sistem. For runway textures when i designed the airport i decided to leave the photoreal texture for entire airport with an aspalth layer and i realy like this method, also i don't understand your comment for the grass, what do you mean? jetways must be in these position to works is a limitation of IK jetway. Tugs have 4 wheels simply you don't see the other side from your current position because i didn't add the texture to also in the internal side to have better performances.

Regards,

4 hours ago, Matteo Veneziani said:

Hi ebolt,

I will do another update for KSAN in next months, for your current problems, i can say, are you using 5mt mesh ? i didn't see these water problems, your screens are extremely zoomed so is possible the scenery is not fully loaded from that distance and this could cause ths water issue. but i will check if is present also in my sistem. For runway textures when i designed the airport i decided to leave the photoreal texture for entire airport with an aspalth layer and i realy like this method, also i don't understand your comment for the grass, what do you mean? jetways must be in these position to works is a limitation of IK jetway. Tugs have 4 wheels simply you don't see the other side from your current position because i didn't add the texture to also in the internal side to have better performances.

Regards,

Matteo

Im using sliders full. Not sure how you couldn't see the water flowing into the houses in the background of that shot. There is NO grass at KSAN, They simply painted the "medians" green. 

I would prefer a refund or store credit as I don't want to wait months for an update. 

Thanks

17 hours ago, teecee said:

That would be a pretty radical step.

After all, newbies need love too.:rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, lawrence aldrich said:

That would be a pretty radical step.

After all, newbies need love too.:rolleyes:

Lawrence

I have tried all the steps I have found in the Forums here to no avail.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, ebolt said:

Lawrence

I have tried all the steps I have found in the Forums here to no avail.

Thanks

I think if you'll just give Nick and company a bit of leg room, you'll get better results from the people here.

I quote my first flight instructor at USAF Primary pilot training after a particularly bad ride....."relax or you'll die all tensed up and cause problems for the undertaker."

:wub:

1 minute ago, lawrence aldrich said:

I think if you'll just give Nick and company a bit of leg room, you'll get better results from the people here.

I quote my first flight instructor at USAF Primary pilot training after a particularly bad ride....."relax or you'll die all tensed up and cause problems for the undertaker."

:wub:

Im perfectly relaxed, I just feel like i spent $40 on something that isn't working properly, and having tried all of the fixes, I am just looking to have store credit and I will transfer my $40 to another scenery. I love Orbx and their stuff, just not this particular scenery.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, ebolt said:

Im perfectly relaxed, I just feel like i spent $40 on something that isn't working properly, and having tried all of the fixes, I am just looking to have store credit and I will transfer my $40 to another scenery. I love Orbx and their stuff, just not this particular scenery.

Thanks!

Your choice, of course, but if you'll be patient you may at least find exactly what is not working......the software or something at your end of the chain.

Could be either, really.

1 minute ago, lawrence aldrich said:

Your choice, of course, but if you'll be patient you may at least find exactly what is not working......the software or something at your end of the chain.

Could be either, really.

I agree, Im just going off of what Nick told me to do, which is to look through the P3Dv4 forums to see what issues folks have had with KSAN. Again, I have gone through the forums entirely and tired the fixes folks are talking about (luckily I don't have a CTD because that seems to be a major issue). Again, Im fine with them keeping the $40 as I like Orbx and have spent good money with them, however, I would just like to transfer it to a different scenery like KPSP.

Thanks!

Eric,

Respectfully, you need to calm down a bit.  Some of your complaints about the scenery at the airport are just plain false.  For instance, are you familiar with the REAL KSAN at all?  There is NO GRASS at it.  The "green painted" areas you refer to are the way the REAL airport is.  Go to GOOGLE Maps and zoom in on the real KSAN in Satellite View and take a look.  You'll see the real airport DOES have green painted areas just like in your pictures...no grass.

Many of us have been doing this stuff for 3+ decades.  You have a problem with your own computer and software installation of the KSAN airport.  Until you figure out what it is, getting a refund for KSAN then buying KPSP probably won't solve more compelling issues with your computer and flight sim installation first.

14 minutes ago, Triplane said:

You're problem isn't with the scenery, it's with the your settings/system. Do you have any other ORBX scenery installed? If so, how's working?..........Doug

All of my other Orbx scenery works fine...

14 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

Eric,

Respectfully, you need to calm down a bit.  Some of your complaints about the scenery at the airport are just plain false.  For instance, are you familiar with the REAL KSAN at all?  There is NO GRASS at it.  The "green painted" areas you refer to are the way the REAL airport is.  Go to GOOGLE Maps and zoom in on the real KSAN in Satellite View and take a look.  You'll see the real airport DOES have green painted areas just like in your pictures...no grass.

Many of us have been doing this stuff for 3+ decades.  You have a problem with your own computer and software installation of the KSAN airport.  Until you figure out what it is, getting a refund for KSAN then buying KPSP probably won't solve more compelling issues with your computer and flight sim installation first.

Falcon, 

Thats my point lol...the ORBX SAN scenery has grass in between the taxiways and runways.  The real KSAN does not. Exactly my point, so thanks for confirming. 

I run many sceneries from ImagineSim, FlightBeam, FlyTampa and again, Orbx.  I have no problems running these sceneries with silders all the way to the right. 

I am perfectly calm, I just want to get another ORBX scenery because I know it will perform to my liking. For instance, I have installed the Freeware Bowerman Airport Scenery and its looks fantastic.

Again, not sure why people think I am not calm or in a rage, Im just looking to get store credit for my KSAN scenery so I can get PSP or BZN and get a different KSAN scenery.

Thanks!

OK, I thought with your second picture link in post #12 (showing you sitting at the 9/27 runway hold line) you were complaining that the green area SHOULD have been grass.  That's what it "sounded" like when I read the text posted with the link.  

In any case, I still stand by my other comments that the "elevation" issues with the water going up to the houses (looks like a terrain mesh issue), the "grainy textures" (graphics settings or inability of your computer to display high(er) resolution textures at KSAN), etc, are not generic problems with the KSAN scenery.  Many of us...MOST of us...do not have those issues.  They are MOST likely individual issues relating to your own computer and flight simulation installation/setup.

3 minutes ago, FalconAF said:

OK, I thought with your second picture link in post #12 (showing you sitting at the 9/27 runway hold line) you were complaining that the green area SHOULD have been grass.  That's what it "sounded" like when I read the text posted with the link.  

In any case, I still stand by my other comments that the "elevation" issues with the water going up to the houses (looks like a terrain mesh issue), the "grainy textures" (graphics settings or inability of your computer to display high(er) resolution textures at KSAN), etc, are not generic problems with the KSAN scenery.  Many of us...MOST of us...do not have those issues.  They are MOST likely individual issues relating to your own computer and flight simulation installation/setup.

I don't think i'd have nice shots like this if my sim wasn't "up to par"

JBU1038 Depature KAUS-KBOS.jpg

MET1729 KAUS Departure to KFLL.jpg

United taxxing into Austin.png

Unloading at KBHM.png

10 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this has gone far away from a request for a refund.

It seems clear that your mind is made up.

Please go ahead and submit your request.

I have submitted a support ticket, nobody has gotten back to me...

Thanks.

It seems a little odd to me that you show an image of green paint and then complain that "theres no grass at KSAN, its painted green".

It's pretty clear that where there is grass in the simulator, it is not painted green at all, nor is it in the real world.

However:

I have never been to the airport but Google Earth has.

image.jpg

It shows us that exactly as in your screen shot, beyond the green painted area, and the narrow strip of 

what might be tarmac or black paint, there is an area that is much less well maintained.

To me, it could perfectly well have grass growing on it and I think that Matteo's depiction of it is exactly right and

far from criticism, it deserves praise.

Untitled.jpg

So Nick, what are we going to do here? You've told me to submit a ticket, which I have done, and I have heard nothing. I have sent you and Matteo a message and heard nothing. 

As a fellow business owner, I am not sure what the difference is between having my $40 for KSAN or KPSP. You still have my $40 and I still have an Orbx product, which I am sure I will like, I have heard that PSP is better from friends and fellow simmers. Not to mention, you will make a customer who has an issue, happy once again.

Please let me know how we can move forward here.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

this has gone far away from a request for a refund.

It seems clear that your mind is made up.

Please go ahead and submit your request.

I have nothing to do with support tickets, I am sure it will be answered as soon as possible.

I don't intend to enter into a debate as to the rights and wrongs of your request, I am simply trying to clarify

that the product is not defective,

I do think your expectations are perhaps a little high and I hope you succeed with your request.

I would agree that the topic has run its course and that there is nothing more to be said in these forums.

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I have nothing to do with support tickets, I am sure it will be answered as soon as possible.

I don't intend to enter into a debate as to the rights and wrongs of your request, I am simply trying to clarify

that the product is not defective,

I do think your expectations are perhaps a little high and I hope you succeed with your request.

I would agree that the topic has run its course and that there is nothing more to be said in these forums.

Thanks Nick, If i don't hear from someone in the coming days, who should I reach out to?

Archived