Cyprus has a grand canyon

Hi guys,

it's an issue with the default mesh file for that area in P3Dv4 (it's OK in FSX); the file named dem0702.bgl, located in \Scenery\0702\scenery, is partially corrupted. It's been discussed before -- https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/149575-cyprus-and-orbx/ -- though I don't know whether the users have reported it to Lockheed-Martin.

Installing a terrain mesh add-on for southern Europe should fix it, either payware or FreeMeshX.

Cheers, Holger

13 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

it's an issue with the default mesh file for that area in P3Dv4 (it's OK in FSX); the file named dem0702.bgl, located in \Scenery\0702\scenery, is partially corrupted. It's been discussed before -- https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/149575-cyprus-and-orbx/ -- though I don't know whether the users have reported it to Lockheed-Martin.

Installing a terrain mesh add-on for southern Europe should fix it, either payware or FreeMeshX.

Cheers, Holger

Very strange, I'll go to lockheed martin then as I don't want to download any other mesh.

Alex

3 hours ago, aceridgey said:

Very strange, I'll go to lockheed martin then as I don't want to download any other mesh.

Alex

Alex,  You stated that your mesh product was FTX Global.  That's not a mesh product, however.  Do you have any mesh installed in that case?

9 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Alex,  You stated that your mesh product was FTX Global.  That's not a mesh product, however.  Do you have any mesh installed in that case?

No mesh in that case, I just have global, LC europe, vector etc. 

Hi guys,

as mentioned it's an error in a default terrain mesh file that everyone will see, regardless of settings,  unless they have third-party add-on mesh installed.

I've reported it to Lockheed-Martin.

Cheers, Holger

P.S.:  ... and I've received confirmation from L-M that they can replicate the issue and will include a fix in the next P3D update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived