Use of Vector alone with AUS Region

tom

I am setting up a new machine - currently with P3D4.2, the complete Orbx Oceania offerings, and a few of the NA Regions.

Whilst I have purchased Global Base, Vector and some Open LC offerings during sales, I do not intend to fly globally for a while and won't complicate things by installing them yet.

My question though is :

Would my Oceania "coastline" experience  benefit by installing just "Vector", at least until the promised upgrade of AUS is released, which I assume will have a hugely improved coastline rendition?

In other words, would vector on its own work with  the AUS & NZ full fat regions, or would I be inviting heartache and CTDs? Would FTX Central even allow installation of Vector without Global???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.........cheers.

Hi Tom, Vector control panel has a tab that contains the ability to tick if you have the Australian region installed.

I can't remember what this does exactly (truth be told I can't remember what I had for breakfast) but I think it

only takes care of some conflicts. I have most of the Aus scenery along with regions and all the Global bits.

I don't have any issues and it all looks fine to me.

Kevin 

Vector is not designed to work with FTX AU, or vice-versa, since FTX AU was developed before Vector was even released.  So to save you from disabling Vector whenever you wanted to fly in AU, you can tell Vector that you have FTX AU, and Vector will be automatically disabled when you select AU as your flying region.

8 hours ago, tom said:

My question though is :

Would my Oceania "coastline" experience  benefit by installing just "Vector", at least until the promised upgrade of AUS is released, which I assume will have a hugely improved coastline rendition?

In other words, would vector on its own work with  the AUS & NZ full fat regions, or would I be inviting heartache and CTDs? Would FTX Central even allow installation of Vector without Global???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.........cheers.

Hello,

to address the exact questions:

There would be no benefit at all to your Oceania "coastline" experience by installing just "Vector".

Adding vector to the Australia region would not be be inviting heartache and CTDs, there would be no

improvement and it would introduce a few minor anomalies.

For this reason, the Vector Control panel provides the means to switch it off for Australia.

There would be no effect at all in NewZealand, except to interfere with the elevation of airports.

All the regions, except Australia, exclude Vector and it only can affect airport elevations in those regions

FTX Central will allow the installation of any the products, however, unless their requisite products are

also installed, there is no guarantee that they will work as intended.

Archived