You can never have too many 'planes!

andy1252

OK, I'm not going to learn to control myself any time soon, but hey - self control is over-rated anyway. Sales, coupons, loyalty awards all made me do it, your honour.

JF's One-Eleven

NjumHTR.jpg

The Stinson

886zaIW.jpg

FW-190a from Classics Hangar

Q0TFYYL.jpg

I'd already gotten a copy of Milton Schupe's rather wonderful B26, and found myself hankering for a B25. Only one I could find that looked interesting was this one from MAAM. Hesitated as wasn't sure if it would work under v4 (it's FSX only, originally FS2004 but reworked) but went for it in the end and no, it's not one for v4 (the basic model doesn't even display), so it joins the v3 hangar along with a few others like the CS130 and my Concorde. But it is one fine aircraft, with a whole load of paints

HLDl5Y1.jpg

And lastly - whoo hoo! the v2 of Maryadi's MV-22 is out. If you haven't tried this - do so! It's free/donation-ware and this new version is absolutely magic. Proper hover, VTOL/STOL etc and way up in the top end of payware standards. It's such a fine beast that it's actually got me even trying to fly it properly (but don't tell anyone I said that and I'll deny it if accused <grin>)

zWAlMnV.jpg

Once again, apologies to all the good folk living around Eglin - it must be a nightmare with all these test flights going on all the time.

Ain't this fun?

Yes, this is terrific fun Andy, what a cool collection of aircraft, and like you I like that MV-22. As a mechanic I've always been fascinated by the design, I mean they rotate not one but two engines that must weigh a couple of tons each and make it look easy.  In the beginning I was a little nervous with the failures but they seem to have gotten it right.

I am glad you are posting and admitting to your addiction to heaps of different aircraft Andy as I am the same.

I have so many freeware planes I may only fly once and some of the payware ones are not much better.

What a top selection you have shown us, a great day along with the Cv880 and 990 in another post.

I like the B-25 too, so strange that such an important WW2 plane has not been done by someone like JF.

15 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

A nice display of some iconic aircraft Andy. That is one sweet shot of the MAAM B-25 there....very nice!

Cheers Sniper, and I'm well pleased with the B-25 - a shame it won't play nice with v4 but v3 still has it's moments.

14 hours ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Great shots.I love that Maam B-25.

Where did you find that repaint ?

Thanks Anthin, and the B-25 comes with something like about 40 skins, and this is one of them.

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

and like you I like that MV-22

Thanks Jack, and it certainly is an impressive thing both in real life and the sim. The Maryadi version is really very impressive, up there with Carenado IMHO, well worth getting hold of if you don't have it (SOH)

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

planes I may only fly once

Hah! Amateur! I've got stuff I've never even unzipped! <grin> Yes, it would be nice to have a JF or similar B-25, but I'd be more than happy with the MAAM one rebuilt for v4 - it's a wonderful thing. The MS B-26 is pretty special (have you got that?), and although they're quite similar the B-25 just edges it for me in terms of looks, plus of course the whole historical thing. It'd be nice to recreate the Doolittle raid in the sim (or maybe the Empire State crash).

41 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Hah! Amateur! I've got stuff I've never even unzipped! <grin> Yes, it would be nice to have a JF or similar B-25, but I'd be more than happy with the MAAM one rebuilt for v4 - it's a wonderful thing. The MS B-26 is pretty special (have you got that?), and although they're quite similar the B-25 just edges it for me in terms of looks, plus of course the whole historical thing. It'd be nice to recreate the Doolittle raid in the sim (or maybe the Empire State crash).

I have the B-26 and it is a wonderful plane to fly. Plenty of skins too thanks to Jan.:)

Yes, the Doolittle Raid would be interesting to do, just watch out for the Catch 22 though!:wacko:

Archived