ENNK - Narvik not in AIRAC Database

CaptainMalte

Good Morning everyone,

I just purchased ENNK and when I wanted to fly there I found out, that the aiport was closed in 2013 and that isn't in the navigraph AIRACS anymore. Is there a way to get it in there? Old AIRAC Cycles are not provided by navigrpah.

Thanks for the help!

Well I would just land.

But I really would like to have some routes there.  And without the data I can't plan those routes neither fly them. Kai Tak is closed as well but they still provide Navdata. I hoped it was the same with this Airport. It would have been nice if it stated that in the description of the product. But I have bought it anyway and it is a really beautiful destination. I mainly fly Airliners like the FSL Airbus or the Majestic Dash which I cant use there now. I will get myself an GA Aircraft to get the best out of the scenery.

Thanks anyways :)

1 hour ago, CaptainMalte said:

Good Morning everyone,

I just purchased ENNK and when I wanted to fly there I found out, that the aiport was closed in 2013 and that isn't in the navigraph AIRACS anymore. Is there a way to get it in there? Old AIRAC Cycles are not provided by navigrpah.

Thanks for the help!

The data provided by Navigraph (or Aerosoft) are real world data and therefore do not contain any data of airports out of service. Yo might add them manually, but this is not supported by those providers and you have to do that again, every time you install a new cycle.

9 hours ago, mopperle said:

The data provided by Navigraph (or Aerosoft) are real world data and therefore do not contain any data of airports out of service. Yo might add them manually, but this is not supported by those providers and you have to do that again, every time you install a new cycle.

Yep. Providing you get the information from some other source (somehow), the AIRAC data is quite easy to to insert: they're just regular text files and you should be able to work out the format.

I used to have to do this for a couple of NZGB (Great Barrier) airports in NZ - but they've since been added to the database and, yes, I did have to remember to re-add those lines very time I installed a new cycle.

Adam.

Archived