AI Traffic North America General Aviation for P3Dv4?

Paul Macfarlane

What happened to "AI Traffic North America General Aviation" for P3D v4?  I accidently deleted mine and now can't get the beautiful, people-flowing, static aircraft, airports  that I so loved from P3D v3!  Please tell me it is coming back.  I don't like take-ing-off, or landing at bases wwithout static aircraft, people-flow, etc., etc.  

The AI Traffic for North America only has installers up to P3D v3 but perhaps a P3D v4 installer is in the pipeline? (hope so)

If you check the freeware section of the website you'll see that Australia & New Zealand has two AI options. One for FSX and P3D up to v3 and another separate one for P3D v4.

Cheers...Derek

I also hope it will come. But I haven't heard anything official about it. I could imagine that the most difficult and time consuming part would be to convert the AI models to at least FSX native models, or even better native P3D4 models. There are other people who tried to convert all possible AI models. Obviously this works even without having the basic files of the author. But of course permission of the author is needed. It seemed some of them couldn't be contacted anymore.

So, hats of for doing all this for the existing models in the AU & NZ traffic pack. I hope a lot of models that would be needed for a NA traffic pack are already converted. Maybe that could make it a bit easier.

I think Graham has stated that there won't be an AI Traffic pack for North America for p3D v4 because many of the V3 AI aircraft models are still FS9 Models which cause serious issues in V4. Converting them obviously takes a lot of time and Graham said that it's just too much work for him. 

I would gladly pay a price for it!  I really miss the static aircraft, people flow, buildings, vehicles, etc., etc.!  Please, can a staff member tell me if they're working on it.  You guys have done it for Australia & others.  "I own every ORBX airport, region, etc!"  "This is the only reason ORBX products appeal to me."  "It is so  boring without these details installed into the freeware airports."   "I mean, I hate flying to airports that don't have AI, people-flow, static aircraft (at least)."  (I thought by upgrading to P3Dv4, that I would at least be able to keep what I've accrued from FSX, to P3Dv3, and now P3Dv4.)

Hi Paul,

there seems to be a misunderstanding here. The "AI Traffic North America General Aviation" add-on provides moving general aviation AI aircraft at airports in some of the Orbx North American FTX Region packages, primarily FTX PNW. It has nothing to do with "static aircraft, people flow, buildings, vehicles, etc., etc.!", which are already provided with the enhanced airports of the FTX Regions. If you don't see any of those then perhaps you don't have the current Orbx Libraries installed, or not installed correctly.

Cheers, Holger

The two ICAOs that I'm dealing with recently are:  (KASE) - Aspen/Pitkin County Airport, Colorado (4 photos) & (KWGS) - Glenwood Springs Municipal Airport, Colorado (2 photos).

At KASE, there used to be a two long over-hang parking garages, and static aircraft galore parked under it!  It also had people flow there and next to the cabit with smoking chimneys!

At KWGS, there were static aircraft and vehicles all up & down the taxiway; with people-flow galore!

Prepar3D 2017-12-26 11-10-15-713.jpg

Prepar3D 2017-12-26 11-12-04-684.jpg

Prepar3D 2017-12-26 11-29-35-631.jpg

Prepar3D 2017-12-26 11-32-30-701.jpg

Prepar3D 2017-12-26 10-56-52-319.jpg

Prepar3D 2017-12-26 10-57-33-539.jpg

I made a mistake on the ICAO for KWGS...   It is supposed to read:  (KGWS)!  Sorry.

I appreciate your responses & help on the matter from everyone!  

I don't know how I could have not installed the Library wrong.  As a matter of fact, I just re-installed it by deleting the ORBX/user_documents/versions/*.txt file (that stated it was for the ORBX Library, or something like that) and then re-installing it again with a fresh new Library with "FTX Central".

I'm still having the same problem with "all" the scenery, static aircraft, people-flow, hangars & buildings that are no longer there.  I've flown FSX, P3Dv3 and even P3Dv4 for quite awhile now.  This eye candy is what makes me happy to continue purchasing ORBX products.  Please won't someone tell me what is wrong with my set-up? 

I recently re-installed the following .txt files from the P3Dv4/ORBX/User Documents/Versions:  AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT, FTX_GLOBAL_BASE_PACK.txt, FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt, FTX_OLC_NA.txt, FTX_OLC_NA1.txt . 

And I installed a purchase of:  Pilots FS Global 2018 FTX.  

Does the problem have anything to do with me using ObjectFlow 2 in Prepar3Dv4?

Is my FTX Central v3.2.3.0 outdated?

I'm going to re-install all of my Regions to see if they contain the freeware bases, because I have already tried re-installing the FTX Global NA Airport Pack many times.  (It briefly states it is the December 2017 version, but when you use the "User Guide" and view it, it is written for November 2017)?

I have exchanged the models from FSX AI Traffic North America General Aviation
with FSX native models from P3D4 AI Traffic Australia and New Zealand package.
Except two models, all works fine in P3D4.
The FTX NA Beechcraft King Air F90 has no rotation props and
the FTX NA Learjet 25 has no rotation engine blades after converting
and I couldn't get them to working.
The Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl works without problems in P3D.

ScreenShot12-29-17at11.47PM.jpg

ScreenShot12-29-17at11.48PM.jpg

If anyone of the ORBX crew members is interested in these files,
I could upload it to him.
As fabs79 mentioned, it seems that Graham Ecclestone is not be able
( for health reasons) to build a new traffic pack.
But perhaps with this updated files . . . ninety prozent are done.
I'm very grateful to Graham for his wonderful work and wish him all the best for his healthy.

Bluebear

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the late reply.  Been out of town for a few days.   I went to both KASE nad KGWS and see plenty of OF2, static aircraft.

1. Check that you have the OF module in AppData/Local/Orbx/FTXCentral /"latest version folder" most likely v3.2.3.0

Do you have any Orbx payware airports that have PeopleFlow and does it work?

2. Do you have the freeware NA Global Airports Pak installed.  I do and both KASE and KGWS are in there.  Without that you would only be seeing default airports since Aspen and KGWS are both outside any Orbx regions. Default airports wouldn't have any PF or addon statics.

Hope this helps.

First shot is at KASE

47a6ee680d1850a77bdf9cb7f85df552.jpg

2nd shot is at KGWS

73d4180b525eeb8e464647213db45016.jpg

Archived