Big Head - meet Big Nose!

andy1252

Yet another one for the hangar. Was looking a one of these on the news working the fires in SoCal (and commiserations to anyone caught up in all that) and remembered that this was one of those "must get myself one of those" beasties. So - I got one!

6J6kpWX.jpg

Have to set up a face off on the ground sometime!

Virtavia?

Working in P3DV4.0?

I love this plane and have yet to try it in V4 so I hope the answer to both of the questions is yes!

Nearly forgot, a magnificent image.

Big Head, Fatso and now Big Nose.

I cannot hear Big Nose without thinking of the Life of Brian.:lol:

Anyway I am off to the stoning!

20 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

so I hope the answer to both of the questions is yes!

Indeed it is. I've got pretty much all of the Virtavia titles now (I buy 'em on Tuesdays at a certain other online vendor's sale days, plus with coupons they barely cost anything) and I don't think I've had problems with any of them in V4. Still got a couple to go but I'm sure I'll end up with them all.

13 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Indeed it is. I've got pretty much all of the Virtavia titles now (I buy 'em on Tuesdays at a certain other online vendor's sale days, plus with coupons they barely cost anything) and I don't think I've had problems with any of them in V4. Still got a couple to go but I'm sure I'll end up with them all.

Thanks for the great news Andy.

I could not get the Caribou to work though. No u/c and doors!

Have you got it  to work?

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks for the great news Andy.

I could not get the Caribou to work though. No u/c and doors!

Have you got it  to work?

I just went to the site where I usually get my Virtavia stuff to check it out as the Caribou didn't ring any bells. I think the thing with that is that it's one of the old Alphasim models (now freeware) and I've certainly had no joy in v4 with a lot of those.

5 hours ago, Mickel said:

:lol:

Better than "I'm off to get stoned". No, hang on, what am I saying!

4 hours ago, BradB said:

Looks like love at first sight

Wonder what the courtship ritual would look like?

3 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

First-string air-to-air shot!

Cheers Bermuda!

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice one Andy and what an unusual looking plane, never seen it before.  It has the cockpit area of the Dove, and the tail of a Comet maybe?  And the wings of a Corsair-ish?  :D

Martin Marlin, Jack, sort of little brother to the mighty Mars. In use today still as fire fighters I believe - pretty sure I saw one on the news the other day, although it was only a glimpse (but it's a pretty distinctive looking beast)

2 hours ago, Sammy H said:

Hahahahahaha, very cool Martyn.  You seem to find planes of all sorts no matter what.  Between you and @Jack I have never seen so many random aircraft show up in pics.  Love it!

Oooops Sammy, I think this is a case of mistaken identity. Andy has found the Marlin but as he has made it work in V4 I think I will be trying it out later today if I get the time.

It is a plane I enjoyed very much in V2.4 along with many dozens of others!:huh:

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Oooops Sammy, I think this is a case of mistaken identity. Andy has found the Marlin but as he has made it work in V4 I think I will be trying it out later today if I get the time.

It is a plane I enjoyed very much in V2.4 along with many dozens of others!:huh:

Yes, you are correct and my apologies to Andy.....I am so use to Martyn posting A/C that no one else can find just expected it to be him :)

Archived