KSNC Chester

Kim Sibbritt

1 hour ago, sibbritt said:

Hi Matteo

My mesh is always set on 5m, & my textures are on 4096.

Cheers...Kim

HI Kim,

From what i see in the screen the textures looks to 1024px (max allow for fsx ) to see full resolution textures you have to do a small change in the cfg, all is reported in the userguide.

For the airplanes elevation with 5mt of mesh all looks good to me, without floating objects.

Cheers, Matteo

Hi Matteo,

I found the problem.I had been working on some scenery enhancements & forgot I had left the LOD setting on 0.5. ( I do that to reduce the VAS usage)

Put it back to its usual 5.5 ,& the aircraft are back on the ground.

Many thanks for the imput.

Cheers...Kim

I'm having a similar problem with P3Dv4. Once loaded the aircraft is sitting in a deep "hole" on the tarmac. No elevation problems with P3Dv3 or FSX though but I can't start a scenario on the runway...it always starts on the tarmac next to the gas pump. Strange stuff.....more research required here..........Doug

Hello Doug,

the aircraft is not supposed to start on the runway.

It is to do with the way the airport is modelled.

To richbonneau.

The airport will look like it does in your shot if objectflow is disabled.

If it still looks the same after enabling objectflow, it did not enable correctly.

There is a check box on the FTX Central settings page and one in the P3D v4

add-ons in game menu.

A restart of the simulator is necessary to implement any change.

Thanks Nick. I'd just never seen an airport before where the aircraft couldn't be moved to the end of a runway. The elevation problem is really weird. I can get out of the "hole" by slewing up (F3) then pausing the rise (F2) and then dropping down to ground level (F3). Then I'm sitting in the right spot next to the fuel pump and everything is fine thereafter. Still working on it.........Doug

• 2 months later...

I just flew into this airport from Flytampa BOS and I've got the same issues described above.  Object flow 2 was already enabled.  After I installed SNC airport I put the orbx libraries in last like usual.  I arrived on final and there's a huge hole just like the pics above.  Mesh is 5m, P3D v4.2 here.

Just now I reloaded right on the ground at SNC and the scenery shows up like normal.  What would be the reason if I departed from BOS and landed here the scenery wouldn't show right?  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

I just flew into this airport from Flytampa BOS and I've got the same issues described above.  Object flow 2 was already enabled.  After I installed SNC airport I put the orbx libraries in last like usual.  I arrived on final and there's a huge hole just like the pics above.  Mesh is 5m, P3D v4.2 here.

Just now I reloaded right on the ground at SNC and the scenery shows up like normal.  What would be the reason if I departed from BOS and landed here the scenery wouldn't show right?  Any ideas?

Hi,

probably objectflow was not loaded correctly.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem as ryanbatc and others, with all the correct FSX settings, LC, FS Config. etc.  every time i loaded Chester, i found myself  in the bottom of i big sinkhole. (known from reallife to, eehemm...;0)

The cure was to re-run  FTX Centrals "AIRPORT ELEVATION CORRECTIONS" and all was well,  quite simple, and  easy to forget when installing the airport.

• 3 months later...
On 12/16/2017 at 7:13 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Doug,

the aircraft is not supposed to start on the runway.

It is to do with the way the airport is modelled.

To richbonneau.

The airport will look like it does in your shot if objectflow is disabled.

If it still looks the same after enabling objectflow, it did not enable correctly.

There is a check box on the FTX Central settings page and one in the P3D v4

add-ons in game menu.

A restart of the simulator is necessary to implement any change.

Hello Nick,

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say: "...and one in the P3D v4 add-ons in game menu"? I'm asking because I have the same elevation issue. Checked FTX Central - Settings - General. But I found nothing to check in game menu.

Here it is, Nick:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>Orbx ObjectFlow 2</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Allows Orbx scenery to display dynamic content.</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>DLL</Category>
        <Path>C:\Users\P&M Graphix\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.2.5.9\Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64.dll</Path>
        <DLLStartName>module_init</DLLStartName>
        <DLLStopName>module_deinit</DLLStopName>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Thanks Elaine.

The problem is actually the "&" symbol which breaks an xml file so that nothing can read it.

You will need to do as the other customer did and choose another user name for a new windows user account.

It's all in the linked topic.

Thanks Elaine, thanks Nick.

I found it a bit complicated and time consuming because of my other stuff. Maybe later.

Instead, I created dummy folders: C:\Users\*NAME WITHOUT WEIRD SYMBOLS*\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.2.5.9\ and copied Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64.dll there.

Then I modified the adresse in add-on.xml. Works fine now.

Of course, if you'll do updates 3 times a week, I'll have to create a new account. ;)

Cheers,

Iouri

Archived