I did it

boetie

Bit the bullet and purchased Aerofly 2. Can't believe how silky smooth it is. I may have a pretty good system but I reckon even a modest rig will handle this with ease.This sim has HUGE potential. My next purchase will definitely be one of the Orbx sceneries to enhance the experience. I'm chuffed to bits that Orbx has partnered with IPACS. Together the future looks bright! Had to share my glee :)

I agree, the performance is on a level you would expect for a really modern engine. However, for me there are still to many drawbacks. One, there is nothing like an A2A GA plane available so far, the water is only a texture looking rather... ugly and somehow I still like the theoretical potential of flying everywhere I want in P3Dv4.1 (although in reality, I mostly fly from an addon scenery to another addon scenery avoding default airports). But yes, the potential is huge, especially if you use VR (thanks to the high FPS numbers).

2 hours ago, boetie said:

Bit the bullet and purchased Aerofly 2

Welcome to the club, you should also have a look at their forum who is growing very fast.

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/

I also totally agree with Nick (like always), AF2 is simply a different sim platform and it's a growing one.

We are now lucky to have new 64 bit platform  that will please different simmer.

And yes you don't need Boetie dream rig to run it. And not everyone can afford a new rig each year or so.

Even V4 is running nicely on my old 2600K

Ben

5 hours ago, boetie said:

My next purchase will definitely be one of the Orbx sceneries to enhance the experience. :)

A great time to pick up either of our airports whilst the sale is on.... also... we should have some Aerofly news and previews for you guys before Christmas :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

On 6 December 2017 at 4:14 AM, Jarrad Marshall said:

A great time to pick up either of our airports whilst the sale is on.... also... we should have some Aerofly news and previews for you guys before Christmas :)

Cheers,

Jarrad

Done - wow! - thank you!

On 05/12/2017 at 12:14 PM, Jarrad Marshall said:

Cheers,

Jarrad

I like when you chip in Jarrad ;) Sorry but I had to share that on the Aerofly Forum :ph34r:

Archived