Imagine

VH-KDK

Well I definitely did not imagine 20 years ago that the FSim world would be as good as it is today.

One of my planes of the moment is the Carvair and this flight is from Dublin to Liverpool.

1.dl1.jpg

At last I have managed to do a more realistic take off as I can never remember seeing the Carvair rocket into the sky like my last two flights.

2.dl2.jpg

Starting our turn to the east at Clonsilla with EIDW in the distance.

3.dl3.jpg

Lambay Island with Dublin fading in the distance.

4.dl4.jpg

Passing a ferry just out of Holyhead and The Skerries can just be seen above the nose.

5.dl5.jpg

Holyhead Harbour, Anglesea Island.

6.dl6.jpg

EGOQ Mona, with The Menai Strait just visibule.

7.dl7.jpg

Approaching Red Wharf Bay and Conwy Bay beyond.

8.dl8.jpg

The Dee Estuary.

9.dl9.jpg

The M56 appears through the murk near Appleton. We have already flown over Liverpool.

10.dl10.jpg

The Runcorn Railway and Jubilee Bridges over the Mersey.

11.dl11.jpg

Almost at John Lennon Airport.

12.dl12.jpg

Safely down but I still cannot get used to the flight deck being so high up. Never mind nothing broken and the Carvair is fit to fly another day.

I trust you enjoyed this flight and thanks for coming along.

22 minutes ago, BradB said:

You had me with the second shot Martyn , the rest were tasty morsels of beautiful eye candy . This post is one for the books my friend . :wub:;):D:)

Cheers

John

Thanks for your great comment John, I appreciate it.:)

18 hours ago, stewart1 said:

What a super flight Martyn and fantastic set of shots i can remember before i  was driving in Europe i drove a 6 wheel cattle lorry and went to Holyhead to pick up

horses and then took them to Newmarket a few years ago now regards stewart

Cheers Stewart, never went to this part of Britain. Very glad you didn't get mixed up and take the horses to the dog food factory. Going to Newmarket sounds as if they were not your average nags!:lol:

16 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Outstanding again Martyn!  I now have all of the UK and soon as I'm finished Down Under it will be my next stop.  I really like Orbx's UK with all those hedgerows and fields, it's always been a special place for me.

Thanks Jack, I am sure you will flying around the UK and you can visit some of your old stomping grounds!:)

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Look forward to hearing it, I miss the UK a lot

I do sometimes Jack but I doubt if I will get back there again though.:(

I enjoy visiting more exotic places now!:huh:

Places like Phitsanulok and Sukhothai are far more appealing.:lol:

30 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow great shots as always Martyn. The detailed scenery is simply stunning. That head of your airplane reminds me of the movie "My wife the axe murderer". That head is so "huge" it has it's own weather station:rolleyes::P:D

Thanks for your comment! I am not familiar with that movie though.:)

Archived