More nostalgair

VH-KDK

A regular sight around Bournemouth in the early 70's was the ATL-98 Carvair.

Always a welcome sight when spotting at Hurn, a beautiful sight and sound.

17.cf1.jpg

My most liked Carvair livery, plenty of blue and plenty of noise. Loved those squealing brakes too!

53 minutes ago, BradB said:

Very interesting , did the very large nosecone open up for cargo loading  ? .

Cheers

John

Thanks John, um I cannot find manuel to see if it does.:huh:

Very rarely look at one and now I need it  is cleverly hidden away in the depths of my hard drive.:angry:

41 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow great shot Martyn. Talk about a swelled head.:D 

Thanks Mr Leaf. That is how I feel at the moment for having this beautiful plane to fly in FSim.:P

I hope the missus doesn't find out I have been squandering my money on a new plane or I might have a swelled lip.:o

Just kidding, she just punches me to the body to hide the bruising:ph34r:

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Mr Leaf. That is how I feel at the moment for having this beautiful plane to fly in FSim.:P

I hope the missus doesn't find out I have been squandering my money on a new plane or I might have a swelled lip.:o

Just kidding, she just punches me to the body to hide the bruising:ph34r:

:o:wacko:

26 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks John, um I cannot find manuel to see if it does.:huh:

Very rarely look at one and now I need it  is cleverly hidden away in the depths of my hard drive.:angry:

Oh Martyn you are on a tear tonight . I had to put the Depends (Adult Diaper's) on tonight . I am concerned that my violent laughter could cause me some issues . :lol::lol::o:P:P

John

Great shots Martyn! I saw that it had been released over at Sim O where they showed a number of different liveries. Talking of planes like that, do you remember the old Bristol Type 170 Superfreighter? I had an Airfix kit of one as a child. Gosh It seemed huge in 1/72nd. :)

Great to see this, Martyn. One of my favs too, along with the Bristol 170. Memories of Southend airport in my case. Is this the payware DC4 with all its variants? I'm guessing so as I have the freeware version and it won't fly in P3D at all, even v3. I didn't know there was a payware version till I just googled it after seeing these - I think you may have just cost me about $40! Because, after all, my hangar is still a bit light <grin>

3 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Wow Martyn what a super shot of a fantastic looking aircraft I really like the old prop aircraft where did you get this one from regards stewart

Thanks Stewart, cant beat the old piston planes. It is the Flight Replicas one, I got it from JF.:)

2 hours ago, paulb said:

Great shots Martyn! I saw that it had been released over at Sim O where they showed a number of different liveries. Talking of planes like that, do you remember the old Bristol Type 170 Superfreighter? I had an Airfix kit of one as a child. Gosh It seemed huge in 1/72nd. :)

Cheers Paul, I wasn't going to get it as I am a bit dark on the fact that there is a separate full price plane  just for V4. Sadly I am weak for stuff like this and caved in!:)

I had the B170 when young too and picked up a kit some 35 years ago in Melbourne which I have yet to make.

My memory for important things is not good but I can remember G-APAU  and AV, in the early 70s, belonging to ABC. They would fly over our house in Southbourne on a regular basis to and from the Midlands.

25 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Great to see this, Martyn. One of my favs too, along with the Bristol 170. Memories of Southend airport in my case. Is this the payware DC4 with all its variants? I'm guessing so as I have the freeware version and it won't fly in P3D at all, even v3. I didn't know there was a payware version till I just googled it after seeing these - I think you may have just cost me about $40! Because, after all, my hangar is still a bit light <grin>

Yep Andy, this is the Flight Replicas one. I have installed the TW sound set though as the one by FR is about the worst one I have ever heard. It sounds everything between a jet in a jam jar to an old clapped out twin tub washing machine! However I am more than happy with it especially the Carvair component. I think there are 3 of the JK freeware planes that will work in V2.4 but the rest are FSX only which is a shame as there are some real classics such as the Hermes and Britannia.

Hangars are built so that they can never be completely full, there is always room for another new plane or in your case spaceship!

It is great all of the memories of planes and places that this pastime brings up.

Archived