NA GA AI Traffic Issue - No AI Traffic at all

Hello, 

I have FSX SE and just last night downloaded FTX Central (V3.2.1.1). I then downloaded the AI Traffic - North American GA freeware addon which also says it is up to date. Now when I fly, there is no traffic at all. I adjusted my "traffic sliders" in settings to mimic the settings in the NA GA use manual but there still isn't a single plane in the sky. 

Am I missing something here? I am relatively new to addons to FSX...

Thanks!

Hi there,

actually, the AI traffic files don't require any Orbx airports to be installed. However, the flightplans were created with the FTX Regions and their enhanced airports in mind. If you only have the default airfields then the AI may not have sufficient parking, or park in the wrong places, or the default airport may not be activated for AI traffic at all. You should see plenty of GA traffic in the air though.

Also, specific to the North American AI package, flightplans are limited to airports covered in the FTX Regions, as stated in the user manual on p.3, meaning parts of the Western US and Canada. Thus, if you're flying elsewhere in the US then Nick's suggestion about keeping the default GA traffic active is what you want to do.

Cheers, Holger

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having similar issues. I have the OrbX Global NA airports as well as the OpenLC North America pkg. When I installed the OrbX freeware AI traffic, all traffic disappeared.  I mostly fly around Eastern Canada (CYOW, CYGK) or GTA (CYTZ) and places I used to see airplanes before I don't anymore. This continued even after I uninstalled the AI freeware.  I even ran that AIFP tool to see if there were any FS9 plans that got in somehow.

hughVFR

6 hours ago, hughVFR said:

I've been having similar issues. I have the OrbX Global NA airports as well as the OpenLC North America pkg. When I installed the OrbX freeware AI traffic, all traffic disappeared.  I mostly fly around Eastern Canada (CYOW, CYGK) or GTA (CYTZ) and places I used to see airplanes before I don't anymore. This continued even after I uninstalled the AI freeware.  I even ran that AIFP tool to see if there were any FS9 plans that got in somehow.

hughVFR

And a warm welcome to you too HughVFR. :)

On 10/18/2017 at 3:19 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

The AI in the package is for FTX airports in the main.

If you look in the control panel, you will see a setting for 

FSX default traffic, make sure that it is turned on and not off.

Thanks, checking that box seemed to do it. On my last mission, I encountered 3 aircraft after not encountering a single one in over a week.  Oddly,  originally it said to not check that box. I misunderstood that the AI only applies to OrbX airports.

-Hugh

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I was curious...

I just downloaded the AI Traffic - North American GA freeware.  The only Orbx region I have is Southern Alaska, however, I'm not seeing any AI traffic there.  Were any of the flightplans created using the Southern Alaska Region?

Thanks.

-Greg

Archived