Orbx scenery and FSX

CHRIS WHITE

HI

I HAVE MIGRATED MY SCENERY TO FTX3 AS REQUIRED. I HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD AND "INSTALL" FTX NA BLUE SEVERAL TIMES BUT IT DOES NOT APPEAR IN FSX. I HAVE REPEATED THE PROCESS SEVERAL TIMES BUT ONLY HAVE FSX DEFAULT SCENERY AVAILABLE. BEFORE FTX3 EVERYTHING WORKED PERFECTLY. AM I MISSING A TRICK HERE? WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ? CAN ANYONE PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY. I AM SPENDING ALL MY AVAILABLE SIMMING TIME TRYING TO GET ORBX TO LOAD IN FSX.

ANY HELP WELCOME

CHRIS WHITE

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Orbx scenery and FSX

Chris,

as far as I know there is no such NA scenery as NA "Blue".  Here is a link to all North American FTX payware.

https://orbxdirect.com/category/north-america

And a link to all FTX freeware.

https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

As I recall the only "Blue" scenery ORBX released was with the original Australia in four parts one of which was "Blue".

My recollection is that at least in the boxed product days, a colour was used as part of the names of some of the NA regions, PNW being one which was part of Blue. I think that Pacific Fjords may also have been under that colour.

I also recall the colour Gold being used for others.

A search of the Orbx Forums would probably clarify and confirm or otherwise.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

HI

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONCE. I HAVE SUCCEEDED IN DOWNLOADING YOUR SCENERY FILE. ON THE ADVICE OF A GUY I MET AT THE COSFORD FLIGHTSIM SHOW I TRIED AGAIN BY LOADING FSX AGAIN, THEN ORBX SCENERY THEN ORBX LIBRARIES. YOUR  ORBX REP AND THE SHOW WAS OF NO HELP AT ALL, TO ME NOR OTHERS I MET WITH ORBX PROBLEMS.

I NOW HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM WHICH I HAVE RAISED UNDER THE "FTX  TOPIC". I NOW EXPERIENCE LIGHTING DUTING THE DAY IN THE FORM OF PALE WHITE SQUARES IN THE FORGROUND AND WHITE LIGHTS IN THE DISTANCE.

DON'T GET ME WRONG I USED TO LOVE YOUR SCENERY WHEN LOADED FROM MY DVD'S BUT NOW IT IS ALL SO FRUSTRATING.

I HOPE TO RESOLVE MY PROBLEMS THROUGH MY OTHER TOPIC OR I FEEL I WILL HAVE TO SCHANGE SIM AND SCENERY SOFTWARE.

IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN REVERT TO LOADING MY SCENERY FROM MY PAID FOR DVD'S? THAT WOULD BE GREAT.

CHRIS WHITE

Archived