Blurry ground textures at ESSA

WebMaximus

After upgrading ESSA to the latest version I've noticed how part of the ground textures are quite blurry.

Below is what it looks like and as seen it's not all of the ground textures but seems to be only the ground textures closest to the terminal building at and around the aircraft when parked at a gate in this case gate 15.

I'm still on P3Dv3.2 if that could have anything to do with it.

K42TZIc.jpg

Already tried increasing the resolution to 4096 but to no avail. Also if it was a global issue I think I would see the same problem everywhere.

I wonder if it might be a P3Dv3 issue. Do you know if this latest version was tested also in P3Dv3 or only in P3Dv4?

Hello Richard,

As Nick suggests,  I too wonder if this has to do with your settings; in effect how much are you asking your CPU / GPU to process per unit time. This includes not only the scenery, but weather settings, traffic settings,  any AI program you use, on and on.  It's possible that the ESSA update is offering more stuff to render. The sim will prioritize what it displays and at what level of detail based on internal algorithms and based on what your system can handle. So rather than show you nothing, if necessary it will show you a lower res texture.  So why are the buildings and other objects in your screen sharp and clear? Scenery objects include information about the priority that should be given to the object based on your scenery slider settings.  Most of the time objects are given the default  'normal' priority which pretty much means they will be drawn, perhaps at the expense of other scenery.  Also, remember that slider settings in FSX do not correspond to the same settings in P3D.

At least this is my current crude understanding.

Just tried reinstalling ESSA hoping that would cure the issue but no such luck I'm afraid.

Below are my settings for P3D as well as Orbx ESSA so to those of you thinking my settings are at fault causing the issue shown above would you please point me in the right direction which of the settings seen below might be the culprit?

My rig is a 6700K @ 4.5 GHz, 16 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz and a 980 Ti.

uiNa00H.jpg

OTRgyBT.jpg

VFw41wd.jpg

OKamefs.jpg

qMKy0HT.jpg

CYY8zQJ.jpg

...and while waiting for some input on my settings it would be really great if someone else on P3Dv3.2 or earlier could confirm also having the same issue or not.

At this point I think it might be a P3Dv3.2 issue after all because I remember having a similar issue with some Aerosoft scenery. Back then I was told by Aerosoft the scenery was only compatible with P3Dv3.4 and later and reason for this being something in the P3D SDK changed in regards to how the ground textures are developed resulting in not showing correctly on earlier versions.

I'm sure Marcus or his developer buddy could comment on his and if that might be the case here as well.

3.2 does have issues with ground polygon display, native ground polygons have display errors such as missing layers, flashing textures, etc. I think this is resolved in 3.3 and up.

Regarding settings, I don't know anything about ESSA, but try increasing the maximum texture resolution up from 1024x1024.

13 minutes ago, Alex Goff said:

3.2 does have issues with ground polygon display, native ground polygons have display errors such as missing layers, flashing textures, etc. I think this is resolved in 3.3 and up.

Yep, that's what I remember too.

Figured rather than trying to fix these kind of issues sitting on an old version of P3D a better option was to get the latest version of P3D so I'm now planning for installing a fresh P3Dv4 and hopefully that will also sort this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Sorry, I missed this topic.

You need to run the latest version of v3 for the GP to work correctly.

For the other issues regarding ground in v4, you need to have Object Flow 2 up and running. If running in to issues anyways, try reinstalling ESSA.

Regards,

Marcus

Archived