Page and Glen Canyon for Samwise

VH-KDK

A few caps I did for Samwise who was asking about the Glen Canyon area. Spent ages trying to figure out why the dam looked so bad but it is not part of the KPGA freeware airport so I was flogging a dead horse!:lol:

OLC NA, Global Vector, Global NA Freeware Airports, FTX Trees, P3DV4, Flysimware Mosquito, Alabeo PA-38, Pilots Global Ultimate NG, REX TD EE, PTA, Adam's Preset 25.04 Rex version.

1.GC1.jpg

Global freeware U96 Black Memorial is NE of Glen Canyon.

2.GC2.jpg

KPGA, another Global freeware airport, with its beautiful cliffs. Also tried in P3Dv2.4 but the cliffs remained and the town buildings were the stock type. When I disabled the Pilots Mesh the cliffs mostly disappeared.

3.GC3.jpg

The dam which is apparently from the FSX days. Thinking this was part of the KGPA scenery I spent aged trying different things, bummer:rolleyes:

4.GC4.jpg

5.GC5.jpg

6.GC6.jpg

L41 Marble Canyon, the third of the Global Freeware airports in the area.

7.GC7.jpg

8.GC8.jpg

9.GC9.jpg

Hope this is of some use to you Samwise, apologies for taking longer than anticipated.

A nice excursion between canyons, freeware and outdated FSX bridges.

5 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

OLC NA, Global Vector, Global NA Freeware Airports, FTX Trees, P3DV4, Flysimware Mosquito, Alabeo PA-38, Pilots Global Ultimate NG, REX TD EE, PTA, Adam's Preset 25.04 Rex version.

Your list gets longer and longer, Martyn, one day you need a separate webpage for this. 

8 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Nice ones Martyn!  Especially the last one.  And that dam looks odd, why does it have ground texture instead of concrete on it?

Cheers Jack. Apparently this is an anomaly from the FSX default days. and has nothing to do with the Page airport freeware. Looks good from the Lake Powell side though.

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Now I know why I don't fly in this area , no Orbx full fat . :(:rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Yes true John, not keen on the canyon walls but is does look better from the distance. Plenty of excellent flying to be had in the OLC areas though, we have just been spoilt with the FTX regions.

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

A nice excursion between canyons, freeware and outdated FSX bridges.

Thanks Gerold. Its like going back and driving a Morris Minor again.:o:ph34r::lol:

Archived