Name That Tune 07

Jack Sawyer

3 minutes ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Nope.. I just got home from a jam session with my band and we played it tonight... 

And I've been to so many concerts of these guys. Eagles forever.... 

cheers

Thorsten

Cool!  But my two favorites are not by the group themselves, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, and Smuggler's Blues.

10 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Cool!  But my two favorites are not by the group themselves, All She Wants To Do Is Dance, and Smuggler's Blues.

Smugglers blues, they performed it in the 90's in Pittsburgh, there's a clip on youtube, very cool. 

There are not many bands in the world that do not have at least one tune one is saying 'I like this group but this song is annoying'. I do not remember even one from the Eagles..

1 minute ago, Turboarrow4 said:

Smugglers blues, they performed it in the 90's in Pittsburgh, there's a clip on youtube, very cool. 

There are not many bands in the world that do not have at least one tune one is saying 'I like this group but this song is annoying'. I do not remember even one from the Eagles..

Well, I like them but Hotel California kinda creeps me out.

I was driving very late one night on I-8 from El Centro to SandyEggo, no traffic on the road, when 'Hotel California' came on the radio. Pitch dark outside of the headlight beams, alone. Yeah you can get creeped out. 26 years later when I hear the song, I still remember how I felt.

9 minutes ago, jmbiii said:

I was driving very late one night on I-8 from El Centro to SandyEggo, no traffic on the road, when 'Hotel California' came on the radio. Pitch dark outside of the headlight beams, alone. Yeah you can get creeped out. 26 years later when I hear the song, I still remember how I felt.

JM, I know exactly how you feel, it's a good song but somehow you feel trapped and there's no way out.

This is a great idea Jack especially reading others comments and how the songs bring back memories.

I have this album on vinyl and cassette but have yet to update to the cd, maybe have to head over to eBay some when!

9 hours ago, adambar said:

Right now, I can't read too good, don't send me no more letters no. :)  No googling allowed Jack. :D

Without cheating Adam you have me stumped.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

This is a great idea Jack especially reading others comments and how the songs bring back memories.

I have this album on vinyl and cassette but have yet to update to the cd, maybe have to head over to eBay some when!

Thanks Martyn, I have many more.  Cassette, now that's not been in my vocabulary for a long time!

5 hours ago, tmarshall said:

on cassette ? :o

No kidding, I still have some.

4 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Cassette!?   I had it on an "eight track" in my car!

Kev

I had a lot of 8 tracks when I was a teenager.  I can STILL, to this day hear a song and know when it's going to pause to go to the next part of the song after the "thunk" of it changing.  High tech back then! 

6 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Cassette!?   I had it on an "eight track" in my car!

Kev

Same here Kev, the first in car entertainment in my Mk1 Cortina was an 8 track apart from the trannie on the back parcel shelf!

My current car, an 18 year old AU Falcon, is fitted with a cassette player.

14 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Without cheating Adam you have me stumped.

Thanks Martyn, I have many more.  Cassette, now that's not been in my vocabulary for a long time!

No kidding, I still have some.

I had a lot of 8 tracks when I was a teenager.  I can STILL, to this day hear a song and know when it's going to pause to go to the next part of the song after the "thunk" of it changing.  High tech back then! 

I knew you guys couldn't possibly know all these songs. :D  I didn't know you could just google a couple of words to a song and it would come up, amazing. :huh:

Bob Dylan - Desolation Row 1965

Yes, I received your letter yesterday, about the time the doorknob broke
When you asked me how I was doing, was that some kind of joke
All these people that you mention, yes, I know them, they're quite lame
I had to rearrange their faces and give them all another name
Right now, I can't read too good, don't send me no more letters no
Not unless you mail them from Desolation Row

Archived