P4 - trees colour

You need to untick the 'Dynamic Autogen Vegetation' in the graphics options and restart the sim... You are currently using Speedtrees rather than Orbx tree models. Some people like them, but they don't blend well with the FTX textures.. they are also sparser and perform worse.

Hi there,

indeed, the ground textures in our FTX Regions (as well as the Global Base and openLC series) are made to match the colors of the standard (cruciform or billboard model) trees, and vice versa. In fact, since the SpeedTree files are "middleware -- meaning a third-party asset included by Lockheed-Martin with P3D under special licence -- we can't even change their textures (or models) without purchasing an expensive development licence of our own.

More information here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/136268-speedtrees-toggle-onoff-for-ftx-in-p3d-v4/

Cheers, Holger

21 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Please try unticking the box again and restarting P3Dv4 again.

You are still seeing the Speedtrees.

the box was already unticked when I took the screeshot

I've tried to tick-restart-untick-restart ... and different (SAK and Europe) places: those few scattered "speedtrees" still appear

by the way, not a big issue for me, as Orbx scenery structure now is basically restored, just my feedback

1 hour ago, Tozzifan said:

the box was already unticked when I took the screeshot

I've tried to tick-restart-untick-restart ... and different (SAK and Europe) places: those few scattered "speedtrees" still appear

by the way, not a big issue for me, as Orbx scenery structure now is basically restored, just my feedback

If you want to be absolutely sure you are using FTX trees, for the best experience possible, which you clearly are not...  then open your Prepar3D.cfg ( Located in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 ) and scroll down to [SCENERY] and change AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_TYPE=1 to AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_TYPE=0 ... save and then restart Prepar3D and you should only see FTX trees models.

Hi there,

actually, as far as I can tell from Tozzifan's second screenshot those remaining light-colored deciduous trees have a cross-shaped model as well meaning they are not SpeedTree models, which are fully 3D (see https://store.speedtree.com/product-category/visual_effects/trees/trees-individual-trees-broadleaves/ ). Besides, it's a black & white thing in regards to the model used meaning it can't be a mix of models when "Dynamic Autogen Vegetation" is unticked. 

It could be that those particular trees show their spring textures. If he posts exact locations (Shift-Z) and date then myself or others can cross-check.

Cheers, Holger

10 minutes ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

actually, as far as I can tell from Tozzifan's second screenshot those remaining light-colored deciduous trees have a cross-shaped model as well meaning they are not SpeedTree models, which are fully 3D (see https://store.speedtree.com/product-category/visual_effects/trees/trees-individual-trees-broadleaves/ ). Besides, it's a black & white thing in regards to the model used meaning it can't be a mix of models when "Dynamic Autogen Vegetation" is unticked. 

It could be that those particular trees show their spring textures. If he posts exact locations (Shift-Z) and date then myself or others can cross-check.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

the date is today: I made two flights, from PACY to MYK to PACV

I don't know whether of relevance, along my multiple legs GA trip, from KSEA up to PANC, I have also set up Tongass Fjords...although these screenshots are taken in Orbx territories

12 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

If you want to be absolutely sure you are using FTX trees, for the best experience possible, which you clearly are not...  then open your Prepar3D.cfg ( Located in C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 ) and scroll down to [SCENERY] and change AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_TYPE=1 to AUTOGEN_VEGETATION_TYPE=0 ... save and then restart Prepar3D and you should only see FTX trees models.

Hi,

I have already that value set in Prepar3d.cfg

1 hour ago, MikeMarioR said:

Hi Tozzifan,

before you starting p3d delete the shader folder. P3D makes it new with the next start. That solve the problem for me.

Mike

Hi Mike,

deleting the C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders folder did not change the trees depicting

2017-7-29_9-10-14-902.jpg

2 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello again,

As Holger says, those are not Speedtrees, so you have achieved what you wanted.

If you post a screen shot with its coordinates, someone else can make a comparison

with what they see.

Hello,

this is the default P3d flight, just now

Hi, it looks like that your screenshot of the default flight has the same trees as mine, with the exception of the darker green tint of the trees that in my scene are very light

ok, I will fly again that route and see the difference...

2 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

If you give the coordinates a comparison can be made.

It's not difficult to do this, just press Shift and Z.

Hello:

LAT N61°14.33° LON W144°50.93°

yet, as long as I'm flying and trying different plaes, the occurences of single or little groups of light green trees appear everywhere, although not annoying

I'm sorry for my ignorance: the only tools I have capable of influencing colors are ENVtex and Simtweaks' PTA:

any possible relationship?

might it be also of relevance that I have set all autogen sliders to max?

2 hours ago, RobdeVries said:

A restart of P3Dv4 after unticking the "Use 3D dynamic autogen vegetation"  did the trick. Ialsoi checked the value in P3D.cfg which shows  =0. Thanks everyone. This was indeed a little annoyance.

aren't you having any residue of light green trees, like in my screenshots?

Could not figure out why I had pea green trees.:mellow:

Been fiddling for the last hour with no improvement.:angry:

Found this post and "hey presto," wonderful realistically coloured ORBX HD trees.:D

Thanks to the forums for another solution!:)

Hello

I have a little question, with P3Dv4, where is supposed to be placed the file "ORBX_EU_AGN_TREES.BGL" ? (and what is the size of the file ? (mine is 2.2Mb and at date of 2013). It seems to be placed NOT at the same location between P3Dv3 and P3Dv4....

Thx

Archived