OpenLC SA Mesh resolution / LOD

What is the LOD, or resolution, of the Orbx freeware openLC South America mesh?

Also, what is the LOD/resolution for Holgermesh PNG?  

I can see that Holgermesh Australia is 76m, but the others are not specified in their descriptions.

Just trying to determine if they are better than the FreeMeshX (LOD10 / 38m) that I'm currently using.

Thanks for any info that you can provide.

Hi there,

and the Papua New Guinea mesh is compiled at LOD11 = 38m. Don't know about the SA mesh but all mesh files I create actually contain the LOD range in their names, as in "PapuaNewGuinea_mesh_multiLOD4-11_blockA1.bgl" (the LOD4 value is the minimum LOD, which is set to prevent the file getting loaded from half a globe away).

FYI, if you happen to have the FSX or P3D SDK installed you'll find among the included utilities one named "tmfviewer.exe". You can drag and drop any mesh .bgl file on it and quickly determine its spatial extent and compiled LOD (View > Level of Detail). Tmfviewer also loads landclass files and vector/polygon (=CVX) files.

Cheers, Holger

HI guys

Thank you for covering the South America Continent. Just would like to suggest future airports for that region that i believe would be interesting for ORBX fans:

Brazil:

SBSP: Congonhas , São Paulo

SBRJ: Santos Dumont, Rio de Janeiro

SBFN: Fernando de Noronha Island, Pernambuco

SDTK: Parati, Rio de Janeiro

SDJO: Sao Joaquim da Barra, São Paulo

SBFL: Florianópolis, Santa Catarina

Argentina:

Aeroparque,Buenos Aires

Mendoza

Bariloche airport

Luiz Gustavo