Keep getting Net FrameWork Error

BamaKevin

Using Windows 10 64 bit with v4. Everything is running fine til I try to install Orbx NA OLC.  I can install global, trees and lights no problem but if I restart my pic that's when the errors start.  It's always Net FrameWork Error followed by G2D.dll Error in event viewer.  I am running NetFrame work 4.7 .  Could that be the issue?  Does it need to be 4.6.2?  

Hello,

Is this the error?

Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 000007FEDE36C3B3 

Prepar3D.exe

594a7255

g2d.dll

594a7313

c0000005

000000000010c3b3

18b0

01d300e1c8f668a3

E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe

E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\g2d.dll

Hello,

here is a customer with the same problem, if you are sure that the error is identical.

I was unable to help or advise him, as I cannot replicate the error.

He tells us that he is an expert troubleshooter, you may wish to ask for his advice.

My understanding is that Windows .NET Framework does not have what I call cascading version numbers. Thus if a piece of software expects 3.5 and you have only 4.7, then 4.7 will not suffice. It will need 3.5.

Below is what windows 10 intrinsically contains. I do not know if your error is caused by this but it is something to investigate.

Windows 10 (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 4.6 as an OS component, and it is installed by default.  It also includes the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 as an OS component that is not installed by default.  The .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel.

Windows 10 November 2015 Update (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 4.6.1 as an OS component, and it is installed by default.  It also includes the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 as an OS component that is not installed by default.  The .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel.

Windows 10 Anniversary Update (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 4.6.2 as an OS component, and it is installed by default.  It also includes the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 as an OS component that is not installed by default.  The .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel.

Windows 10 Creators Update (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 4.7 as an OS component, and it is installed by default.  It also includes the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 as an OS component that is not installed by default.  The .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel.

.NET Framework versions can be downloaded here.  https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/framework

This may also be helpful. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed

I would try and contact the Orbx NA OLC developers to find out what version of .NET Framework it actually requires.

If you become desperate then try this at your own risk. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/08/28/net-framework-cleanup-tool-users-guide/

Hello Kevin,

Are you still running Win10 or have you reverted back to Win7 SP1 (You must have SP1 for Win7)

I have .NET 4.7 (Microsoft .NET Framework 47 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB3186497) installed into my Win7/SP1 64 Pro  including the essential Pre-requisite d3dcompiler_47.dll I have not noticed any issues so far.

Quote: MS Update  https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/3186497/the-net-framework-4-7-offline-installer-for-windows

Note

The .NET Framework 4.7 WPF features take a dependency on D3DCompiler_47.dll. By default, this D3DCompiler_47.dll isn't present in Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, or Windows Server 2012. Therefore, these platforms require D3DCompiler_47.dll to be installed for the .NET Framework 4.7 WPF features to work as expected. For D3DCompiler_47.dll installation information, see this known issues

If using Win7 there is a new pre-requisite file that needs to be installed prior to installing .NET 4.7
This file can be downloaded from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/4019990/update-for-the-d3dcompiler-47-dll-component-on-windows 
called: Update for Windows (KB4019990) it is a new d3dcompiler  called d3dcompiler_47.dll  this file is essential to installing .NET 4.7 into Win7 as it is not already present in a Win7 OS as it is in  Win10  OS's  a native d3dcompiler.

On the .NET 4.7  MS Update Offline installation or webinstaller page you will find information regarding the d3dcomplier_47 file, essential for Win7SP1 but not needed for Win10 as it is already natively installed as part of the OS.
Prior to installing 4.7 you would also need all previous .NET updates and service packs, in Win7 and/or Win10

Here: is the webinstaller .NET 4.7 please read the (Details, System Requirements, Install Instructions, Additional Information) sections at the bottom of the D/L page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55170

The only other common problem is anti virus software wrongly indentifying FTX Central and its installer as a virus.

Perhaps see if that is happening and if so, try disabling any anti virus software before you start.

If that is the case, you will have to exclude the files from scanning.

Sorry, right answer to the wrong question, please disregard.

This g2d.dll error seems to have many possible causes and I have

not been able to either replicate it or find a reliable solution.

It looks as if you don't have a problem with the .net framework installation.

If you leave OLC NA installed but untick its entries in the scenery library, 

does this error persist, or does it go away?

Ok Nick I am still getting same errors.  I ran windows repair tool with no changes still getting same errors.  I was going to do what you recommended in last post, but i cant even load a scenario without CTD so I cant uncheck the OLC entries.

Hi Nick I finally got OLC NA working.  One thing I noticed that was odd and I am not too sure about is I have double entries in the sceney index  with some addon airports.  They are not Orbx airports but are quality airports that are v4 compatible.  Some of them are greyed out cant move them or delete them within the sim.

On 7/23/2017 at 8:09 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

here is a customer with the same problem, if you are sure that the error is identical.

I was unable to help or advise him, as I cannot replicate the error.

He tells us that he is an expert troubleshooter, you may wish to ask for his advice.

Nick and all those following this thread:  This same poster posted over at AVSIM and was responded to by Jim Young, one of the moderators/administrators, who informed him that this error has evidently been introduced by LM's latest V4 of P3D and is not easily remedied, since not all users of P3Dv4 experience it.  But it is assuredly experienced only by V4 users in conjunction with certain Orbx products.  And no one has come up with a solution that works for everyone--yet.  The error has nothing to do with net framework evidently.

Sorry to hear that Kevin.

When I said that I did a full clean install, I meant, that I formatted everything, reinstalled Windows 10 and everything fresh. That is why I'm so disappointed, spent 3 days to have a brand new simulator and not being able to complete much flying.

Hi Kevin,

Here’s another thought you might consider; reminds me of some issues I’ve had in the past.  With a clean install of Windows followed by a fresh install of P3D and now unexpected errors, I would be suspicious about a hardware issue.  RAM in particular even if it passes a 24 hour test with something like MemTest 86.  It’s handy to have a couple of old sticks of RAM around that you are 100% certain of even if they are slow; you can use these as a check. And while you are at it, it can’t hurt to clean the dust out, check all the connections, etc. It’s like chicken soup for a cold.

Archived