Nice....Not!

GregJ

Nope...most of my sliders are not maxed out anyhow...so that can't be it... I have tried everything short of reinstalling sceneries which I guess is next....I even stopped GSX and COUTL  thinking there might be something there....still CTO everytime I load. 

I thought I would reload my sceneries and that didn't work either - after one fail, I restarted, and reloaded with Nice again - and it started but the plane was elevated about 300 feet off runway and many textures were blacked out... then CTO AGAIN.....very frustrating I want to fly direct from there and cannot......

Hi,
This is an ORBX product support section. If your trouble is not related to FTX addons, please log to the right place

KVSandleben, I do have 500 ai ships installed, but also have the fix, provided by the developer.

Richard Bui, this is obviously an issue related to ORBX, since we are discussing a stock P3Dv4 install, with only ORBX products installed. Please don't move this, as you did my previous post related to an ORBX issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have done that... as recently as yesterday as I was having an issue with Ultimate Traffic Live - which is remedied only by manually stopping it in task manager prior to starting a new P3Dv4 session. That is most certainly not the issue.

1) Have stopped all other programs - UTL - Still with CTO

2) COUATL - Still with CTO

3) GSX - still with CTO

and have reinstalleP3Dv4 scenery and still get the CTO 

thus ORBX is likely culprit somehow....I was thinking something related to needing Vector....

Hello,

How do you reconcile

"since we are discussing a stock P3Dv4 install, with only ORBX products installed"

with  

3) GSX - still with CTO

It is an interesting observation that a product that is not installed could be responsible

for your problem.

What is the nature of the CTD or CTO?

I find that I can load a flight anywhere on LFMN.

Apart from UTL, COUATL, GSX and ship traffic, what else have you added to this default installation

with only FTX products installed please.

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks.

You could try deactivating all your add on products and see if you can start a flight at Nice.

Then add them in one by one until you no longer can.

uhh

3) GSX - still with CTO

in other words with none of the above running....I still get the CTO on loading Nice - I don't get it loading for example Monaco - a 20 minute flight away....

I'm trying to figure out how ORBX is the likely culprit here as nothing at LFMN is ORBX except for FTX Global textures and Euro LC. Having UTL, GSX, AI ships and who knows what else is certainly not just ORBX.

Try disabling the AI ships themselves from your simobjects.cfg. There was a couple known AI ship models that would cause CTD's when P3dV4 first came out but was fixed shortly thereafter.

Resolved....I deleted all P3Dv3 elements off my drive. Not sure how there was a conflict there but there it was. I also deleted a flight.pln had created - possibly an issue as well.... weird. Ghost in the machine.

Archived