Soaring Innsbruck

AIRJUNEAU

Airjuneau,

Excellent stuff - I've been doing the same as you, but in VR all week.  Can't get enough of it.  Used to fly sailplanes when I was younger and the Aerofly FS2 glider performance in the sim is very close to real life.  I set the winds to North at about 40kts and ridge soar the mountains.  Totally immersive - so much so that yesterday I flew in VR for nearly 2 hours!

Kev

Hi glider1001,

I've just done a test flight for you to see if clouds are placed above thermals, and the result is that they are not.  I tried several scenarios with Thermals enabled but the cumulus did not match up with the thermals.  So, if you want to glide, I would suggest aligning the wind with the slopes you are flying on at about 30 - 50 kts, and ride the ridges.  

Kev

19 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Hi glider1001,

I've just done a test flight for you to see if clouds are placed above thermals, and the result is that they are not.  I tried several scenarios with Thermals enabled but the cumulus did not match up with the thermals.  So, if you want to glide, I would suggest aligning the wind with the slopes you are flying on at about 30 - 50 kts, and ride the ridges.  

Kev

Thank you Torchy let's hope they do it one day it will be amazing. Ridge soaring is the way to go for now.

Great video!

Archived