LHD (Lake Hood) water runways missing

Thanks for the reply.

I only have default scenery (FSX/P3D's) / ( No Orbx Alaska) and the Orbx products mentioned in the first post.

Edit: NA California, NA Pacific Northwest, NA Pacific Fjords

Hi there,

only the FTX Regions change waterbodies with more accurate representations, and only within their respective coverage areas. Global Base replaces the landclass ground textures, while openLC determines where those textures are placed; neither affects waterbodies in any way.

Thus, if you do have display issues with lakes or rivers outside of the FTX Regions then it has to be something else. Perhaps some of the default scenery entries got deactivated in your scenery library menu, or your terrain.cfg file has become corrupted. You can attach copies of your active scenery.cfg and/or terrain.cfg file if you want us to have a look.

Is there something you have installed or changed recently that would affect all three sims?

Cheers, Holger

First, thanks for the help .. I have no idea what went wrong with the water runways on my sims.

I had FTX Central 3 running ok for some time now.

Then P3Dv4 was installed when it released.

Then FTX Central 3 downloaded and updated all my Orbx purchases in FSX and P3Dv3 and some in P3Dv4.

I found my FSX scenery.cfg so I will attach it.

I do not know where the terrain.cfg is located?

scenery.cfg

terrain.cfg

Me again,

I've looked at the config files and they both are as one would expect, meaning the scenery entries are in the correct order and there's no sign of errors in the terrain.cfg file.

Based on those two files I have no idea what would suppress default waterbodies at the locations you mention. Perhaps you could try to temporarily deactivate all third-party entries in your scenery library menu, on the off-chance that one of them contains "rogue" exclude files.

Cheers, Holger

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Me again,

I've looked at the config files and they both are as one would expect, meaning the scenery entries are in the correct order and there's no sign of errors in the terrain.cfg file.

Based on those two files I have no idea what would suppress default waterbodies at the locations you mention. Perhaps you could try to temporarily deactivate all third-party entries in your scenery library menu, on the off-chance that one of them contains "rogue" exclude files.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for checking the files .. I am glad to know there were no errors found.

I will try as you suggested and report back.

Holger,

While we're on the subject of water features, can you make a fly by through  Yosemite Valley in California and see if you see the 3-4 running waterfalls? I can see the waterfall.fx files in Prepar3D v4 effect and sound folders. 

Thanks,

:)

4 minutes ago, FireRx said:

Holger,

While we're on the subject of water features, can you make a fly by through  Yosemite Valley in California and see if you see the 3-4 running waterfalls? I can see the waterfall.fx files in Prepar3D v4 effect and sound folders. 

Thanks,

:)

+1  I could never get the waterfalls to work in V3 and have asked a few times with no response. All my files are correct! they just wont turn on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2017 at 5:02 AM, Er!k said:

Yes, indeed. I only have installed FTX Global and I am also missing the lake...

Looks like Orbx Global is causing the problem (LHD , Lake Hood missing)  in FSX, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4.

I wonder if these are not default waterbodies but landclass entries in the airport itself.

I see that adding Vector does not replace the water.

I don't pretend to fully understand these things but if I disable  

Scenery\0101\scenery\APX08100.bgl, which contains all the default

scenery here,

Untitled.jpg

in a default FSX installation, this remains.

2017-6-20_14-32-53-112.jpg

Does this mean that there are two sets of scenery in default FSX for this?

Exactly so but when you disable APX08100.bgl, what you see in my screen shot remains.

There must be some other file(s) active in the 0101 folder.

If you disable the whole folder, then there is no airport there.

Perhaps the Microsoft team made this airport some kind of special way.

"Perhaps the Microsoft team made this airport some kind of special way. "

I asked on the LM forum and LM tech said the default LHD (Lake Hood) water runways are ok in P3Dv4 (APX08100.bgl active).

So, something goes wrong when Orbx global is added (replaces) the default scenery.

Yes, that is clear, they are "OK" in default FSX and every default derivative since then.

LM have done nothing to the airports, all the faults that were there in FSX from 2007 are still there now.

If indeed this is a fault or special case.

However, it does not explain why when the airport .bgl is disabled, there is still an airport there..

On 6/21/2017 at 3:27 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have been informed that there is a fix for this and it should be included in the next 

update of the Orbx libraries.

When I discovered this thread, I was just about to create a new one, because it appears the latest ORBX update now prioritizes airport masks over water textures!  I had begun noticing that all of the FSX airport masks that extend into water (in other regions) are no longer covered by the water textures either.  That would seem to be the case as well in this instance.  I had not ventured up to Lake Hood/PANC until now, but I can now confirm that my water runways for LHD (Lake Hood) are on dry land as well, which seems to be in line with the anomaly I am seeing with the new prioritization of airport masks over water textures.

Do we know when they will release the fix with the ORBX libraries?

Thanks,

Carlyle

5 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

The next library update should not be too long.

Thanks!  I have already tested this theory with several airports near water, and in every case, water "drawn on top of an airport mask" now disappears under the mask.  Everything was fine prior to the last library update.

Best,

Carlyle

• 2 weeks later...

Archived