Yellow at LOWI

Jack Sawyer

Ok fellas, I bought it.  It's gonna take some getting used to and I have some questions, and before you ask, nope, I'm a knucklehead, I did not read the manual yet.

Does whoever has this plane notice that the flaps are not animated.  I can get the red flaps (dive flaps) to flip up and down but I'm talking about the regular flaps.  I can see the needle pointing to the various degrees of settings, can hear the motor running but do not see any actual flap movement outside, is this normal?

Anyway, here's some at LOWI testing her out.  Last few shots I turned on AS16 so it's very cloudy and overcast.

And yes, I dig the yellow.

qVwimAV.jpg

xerDoeT.jpg

z3UxKQ1.jpg

0LgK4tO.jpg

W20u6T5.jpg

LpoDXjF.jpg

iH5wKF3.jpg

zn0RcQM.jpg

Ultimate Traffic Live giving me AI traffic, sweet!

Gu8kCOg.jpg

lzVnB9z.jpg

And one last thing, LOWI is SO good, it could make a piece of trash flying around in the wind look good!

Welcome aboard Jack. Some excellent views to start off with, but as you say it is hard to take bad shots from LOWI.

I have noticed that with the flaps too but I have not looked into it either.

It is a big lump of a plane and I have always got a very nice bounce on landing so far, have to practice more.

Imagine having to try and put it down on a carrier.

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

Welcome aboard Jack. Some excellent views to start off with, but as you say it is hard to take bad shots from LOWI.

I have noticed that with the flaps too but I have not looked into it either.

It is a big lump of a plane and I have always got a very nice bounce on landing so far, have to practice more.

Imagine having to try and put it down on a carrier.

Thanks Martyn, at least I'm not alone about the flappys.

No, should have seen my first "landing", the people at LOWI are probably still laughing.  Landing thing thing on a carrier must have taken some huge, um, "tracks of land..."  :lol:

And you're right, LOWI will make anything look good.  What a nice place.

Just now, Sammy H said:

Wonderful shots Jack and glad to see you back in the skies.....I think you and Martyn are going to make me buy this thing just cause!

Thanks Sammy,  hey you should buy it, know why, because it's yellow!  :lol:

It's a cool plane, just have to learn it, along with the MV T-28, MV F-4, PMDG 747, and several others!  Jiminy Cricket, when am I gonna find the jeepers darned time!?!

This post has gone "HOT" , finally a feature from the good old days on the forum . I applaud your willpower Jack on holding off on buying this new yellow bird . :o:rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

2 minutes ago, BradB said:

This post has gone "HOT" , finally a feature from the good old days on the forum . I applaud your willpower Jack on holding off on buying this new yellow bird . :o:rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

:lol:  You're cracking me up, willpower?  I have the willpower of a wet noodle!  Martyn is a good(?) influence on me!  :)

Now, if I can only find a yellow PMDG 747 QOTS livery I'd be all over it!

Did I ever mention to you John I like yellow?  I mean I walk in my forest every day for ten years now with a yellow Corvette hat.  Been through a lot of them. Started out with  a C4, then a C5, now a C6 and this fall, hopefully, a C7 and all my hats have been yellow.  I even hiked today with my yellow Corvette hat and a yellow shirt.  Think I need counseling? :wacko:

My wife say I look good in yellow so I defer to her.  Wimmin, what do they know?  :ph34r:

Hi Jack, there ist a hotfix for the flaps on the Aeroplane Heaven website.

"Flap and glass hotfix

This hotfix addresses the flaps not dropping visually and the flaps not showing up correctly in the interior.
It contains only the files required and should be installed AFTER the installation of the main file.

Any future FULL updates/upgrades will include this hotfix."

And nice pictures! :)

2 minutes ago, MikeFlight said:

Hi Jack, there ist a hotfix for the flaps on the Aeroplane Heaven website.

"Flap and glass hotfix

This hotfix addresses the flaps not dropping visually and the flaps not showing up correctly in the interior.
It contains only the files required and should be installed AFTER the installation of the main file.

Any future FULL updates/upgrades will include this hotfix."

And nice pictures! :)

Thanks Mike, I was JUST gonna go there.  Great minds and all that.  Thank you, now gotta try an' find it...

Archived