LOWI jumping terrain and floating houses

romoni

Hello!

As title says I have odd problem only LOWI area. You can see about what I mean here:

Windows 10 Home Edition 64 bit
nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4 Gb
Intel Core i5 4460 3.20 GHz

FSX Steam Edition
FTX Global Base Pack
FTX Global openLC Europe
FTX Global openLC North America
FTX Global openLC NorthAmerica Alaska / Canada
FTX Global Trees HD
FTX Global VECTOR

LOWI Innsbruck Airport and + others ORBX Europe, North America and Osean regions and airports

Any ideas?

I have watched a minute and a half and see nothing that I wouldn't expect.

Occasionally things will "click into place", especially with a relatively slow

CPU.

Rather than an 11 minute video, could you manage a screen shot of floating

houses please?

16 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

I have watched a minute and a half and see nothing that I wouldn't expect.

Occasionally things will "click into place", especially with a relatively slow

CPU.

Rather than an 11 minute video, could you manage a screen shot of floating

houses please?

"relatively slow CPU" not affect any other area of my simulator world althoght I use PMDG's 737 or 777 and ActiveSky Next + UT Traffic and don't care about quality of the video. It's gone bad as I send it via Camtasia Studio to You Tube.

Those floating houses are only one problem and they could to see screen shot  - yes, but jumping terrain is very hard to show with screen shot and that is why I made the video that show all problem on to bigger area of the LOWI and if it's too long for You - sorry about this. My target is to try solve this odd problem and nothing else. I haven't CTD like other users seems to be and no jumping terrain at LOWS or Vienna.

I forgot:

FS Global Ultimate Europe & America and Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer are installed.too.

Thanks.

I see the houses on the hillside and I personally don't know the answer.

I do sometimes see the terrain "click into place" and I think it is just the nature of the simulator.

I am hoping that Jarrad will see this topic and advise you.

I reported floating houses and said it was also what I had experienced at Dubrovnik. The answer is to load your flight and the refresh the scenery by going into the top bar of the sim and choose scenery Library. Open it abd do nothing but click OK. The floaring houses will reset themselves on to ground level. This is working in P3D and may not be the resolution to FSX SE, but try it. Regarding the terrain popping, you are using Ultimate mesh which is of a higher definition than default and possibly of the mesh within LOWI, so your sim is reading 2 sets of mesh and this will cause the mesh popping as it seeks out the higher definition mesh in conjunction with the included LOWI mesh.

Mesh popping is quite normal and is something we have to live with especially with some of the high definition 3rd party meshes.

Thank You Nick, jjaycee1 and Richard.

jjaycee1 - I tryed Yours trick but it isn't work for me but I think You are right that Ultimate mesh could be cause those popping effects but this is first time as this happened to me and sadly if this not can find some solutions because the scenery is super beatyfull addon. Floating houses are smaler problen - I can live with them but popping terrain is the main problem.

Richard - yes my mesh setting is 5m.

4 minutes ago, psychotic said:

I have the same problem, but i use not NG but only ultimate FS global mesh. Only way to solve this you must rename bgl mesh file in NG mesh which is related to this area and it will work correctly.

Please expand on what you are saying and how to do it.

I'm in the work right now. In the evening i will try to reply. But basically you must go to folder where is FS global NG installed and in scenery folder of europe you try to find bgl file of that area. But NG have different file name than non NG (non NG have file name based on GPS coordinations) and i dont know which file is the correct one in NG. Maybe someone can tell us.

20 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Rolf,

Are you using the Pilots Global Ultimate Next Generation mesh by any chance? 

Cheers

Hi Jarrad!

No - I'm not use NG version but FS Global Ultimate that is older version but working very well all FTX World where I'm visiting earlier.

Ok Thanks Rolf, 

Popping/floating houses are a known bug in FSX/P3D, please see my post in another thread for some explanation: 

Regarding the morphing terrain, nothing looks too out of the ordinary from your video - this is simply the FSX/P3D engine loading higher LOD meshes - in exactly the same way that the engine loads higher ground resolution textures as you get nearer. You could try a test by temporarily disabling FS Global in your scenery library - I doubt it will make much difference beyond reducing the performance load on your system ever so slightly, but it is worth checking. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

4 hours ago, Jarrad Marshall said:

Ok Thanks Rolf, 

Popping/floating houses are a known bug in FSX/P3D, please see my post in another thread for some explanation: 

Regarding the morphing terrain, nothing looks too out of the ordinary from your video - this is simply the FSX/P3D engine loading higher LOD meshes - in exactly the same way that the engine loads higher ground resolution textures as you get nearer. You could try a test by temporarily disabling FS Global in your scenery library - I doubt it will make much difference beyond reducing the performance load on your system ever so slightly, but it is worth checking. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad!

Thank You,

Yes - You are right. I unticked FS Global Ultimate - Europe in my Scenery Libray and hover houses and "jumping" terrain are gone. Obviously there is no solution this problem but I just wonder why it's affect only Innsbruck area and no Alaska or Rocky Mountain or PNW/PJF regions...

6 hours ago, romoni said:

#Voyager

Thank You but the video was a little bit blurry so I can't see about what You did with Yours Scenery Library. Any way the result was same as mine.

Hi Romoni,

I'm sorry, on my PC it's crystal clear :lol:.

But what I wanted to point out is the difference the FS Global Ultimate NG does on certain terrains. Especially those with large gradient on the ground.

Of course, Generally it (FS Global Ultimate NG) is very good: I'm using it. When I'm testing, I use FTX Global 2010.

But look at some differences between the two sketches in the two screenshots below:

LOWI-Europe-TerrainFSGlobalNG.jpg

LOWI-Europe-TerrainFSGlobal2010.jpg

Cheers,

Voyager

# Voyager

Thank You!

Well - FS Global 2010 seems to be working very well but FS Global Ultimate (I have) or FS Global Ultimate NG not and I think there is no solution to us...

I planned to move NG version couple days a go but I'm not sure anymore.

17 hours ago, psychotic said:

For those ho have FS global ultimate (not NG) and dont want to deactivate whole FS global, go to the folder where is FS global installed, then go to the folder EUR/SCENERY and rename the file "N47E011.bgl" to "N47E011.off".

Thank You!

Archived