'Near' China Lake

missleman01

Sunday afternoon, messing around with mission editor and AI near China Lake. I've got a dutiful AI T-33 that follows me home with sim var commands. He's not very aggressive when I turn on him, but with some more random events, might be barely passable as air combat maneuvering training. At least for now he's a good wingman for sight seeing or navigation training. All enjoyable in NCA/SCA.

[EDITED to say near china lake. I admit I got a bit outside of the range playing...I believe that's Koehn Dry Lake to the south of the airfield]

R2508.jpg

R2508-2.png

22 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

Very nice to see multiple planes in the same shot.  But what is "sim var commands"?

There is a mission editor out there for fsx that allows access to some variables from the fsx sdk. It's simplistic but can allow you to tell AI to follow another object or command some variable settings like control surface positions or other variables. It's mainly there to allow triggers for fsx mission execution. People savvy with XML could probably do it manually but I found tutorials for the mission editor.

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That's amazing, how do you guys figure this stuff out?

Tutorials; by standing on the shoulders of others. Searching for fsx mission editor or fsx AI wingman returns experiments others have done.

Archived