FTXCv3 Reports Vector 1.45 Update Available But.....

Triplane

.....even after the update has run, FTXCv3 still says the update is available. I've run the update three times and the red banner is still there. I also did a manual download, uninstalled, and reinstalled. No difference. What should I try next?

Doug

Hi Doug

Unfortunately, its a false update notification, please ignore it, if your AEC is now broken follow the below process to uninstall and reinstall again.

Click on the blue Vector uninstall button.   

Click on the "Clear Temp" button under the FTXC3 settings, then go to your FSX\ORBX\ folder and delete the entire FTX_VECTOR folder, then go to the FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt file.

Now to reinstall, sign in to your Orbx Direct account on the web page, and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the Vector product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select Vector, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip".

Thanks for the tips guys. Tried everything suggested but the Update notice is still there. Uninstalled/reinstalled FTXCv3 with no luck there either. It seems like everything with Vector is working, it's just this "update" thing that's bugging me. One thing I did notice - the Configuration Tool and the Versions .txt file both show version 1 .50. Anyway, I'll keep fooling around with it and if I find a cure I'll post it. Thanks again..........Doug

You may have 1.50 written in the documents and if you prefer that,

you will have to put up with the update messages.

There is no obligation to apply the fix that Doug wanted but if you do,

it will have no effect on the Vector files that your simulator will use.

20 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Unfortunately, you will need to then uninstall and reinstall Vector as per my post# 3.

Hi Doug unfortunately thats not working. After following those steps there is no vector folder in the Orbx folder and the program comes up as being installed as we have manually inserted the text file saying its up to date. However there is no Vector folder and the configurator window is blanked out.

If you select uninstall again the FTX crashes.

I have tried the manual install from Zip on 3 occasions in all cases there was no folder created in the Orbx Folder.

So deleted the text file from versions and doing another auto reinstall from FTX and will simply drop a ne text file in to get rid of the update warning.

11 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Darren

If there is no Vector folder in the Orbx folder that means Vector did not get installed, so you are correct in that case there would be nothing to uninstall. :)

LOL that makes sense then...wondering why the config tool is not coming up then after the reinstall manually then?

What happened to the FTX_VECTOR folder we manually deleted i gather it doesnt get replaced in the new version?

Thats the folder i cant find having manually deleted then reinstalled..

Maybe I am not quite understanding you? If there is a Vector folder in the Orbx folder, then Vector is installed or at least partially and there should be Vector config tool button in FTXC3 settings and another of the same if you click on Vector under Global Range products in FTXC3, if this is not the case then something went wrong with the Vector install. The versions .txt only tells FTXC3 that vector is installed, this is why you want to delete it and clear the temp folder in order to capture a full clean DL and install.

17 minutes ago, Darren Howie said:

What happened to the FTX_VECTOR folder we manually deleted i gather it doesnt get replaced in the new version?

This will get replaced with a new manual Vector install. There actually is no new version yet, Version 1.45 is what we are replacing with Version 1.45, the update notification was in error, so will also need to make sure the version .txt reads

"FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.45 August 2016"

If it does not, then you need to manually rename it in note pad to remove the update notification.

14 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

This will get replaced with a new manual Vector install. There actually is no new version yet, Version 1.45 is what we are replacing with Version 1.45, the update notification was in error, so will also need to make sure the version .txt reads

"FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.45 August 2016"

If it does not, then you need to manually rename it in note pad to remove the update notification.

Thanks for the info Doug appreciate it! All going again after auto install second time was ok.

Thanks

I just uninstalled Vector, and re-installed it. Vector configuration works, still gives me that message saying there is an update available, but I'm ignoring it because it's not helping me to update a 1.50 version that doesn't exist. I'm assuming there will be a fix sometime in the future? It's not causing any issues as is, so, out of sight, out of mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the process of a system reinstall, and have come to the point of installing VECTOR. It is currently downloading now, but believe it or not that is actually the problem...

Since I do relatively frequent reinstalls of my PC, over time I have manually downloaded each of the .ZIP files needed for my Orbx products to help avoid the repeated bandwidth use each time I reinstall. All of my other Orbx products installed OK from their ZIPs, but VECTOR appears to be re-downloading itself, not content with my 1.45 ZIP file. I've validate that the file appears OK and doesn't seem corrupted, but FTX Central is in the process of downloading it anew.

(Time passes...)

Now that the download is complete and VECTOR has been installed, I too am getting prompted to (falsely) update the product. I'll apply the text file fix now.

(Fix applied... success)

With all that being done, could there some sort of latent issue with the FTX Central engine which is contributing to both the need to adjust the text file and the forced re-download of the product? It almost seems like something declared my 1.45 ZIP file to be out-of-date, but the engine simply downloads 1.45 once again and then mis-configures that text file thinking I had 1.50.

Thanks,

-Greg

On 27/02/2017 at 11:48 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Doug

Unfortunately, its a false update notification, please ignore it, if your AEC is now broken follow the below process to uninstall and reinstall again.

Click on the blue Vector uninstall button.   

Click on the "Clear Temp" button under the FTXC3 settings, then go to your FSX\ORBX\ folder and delete the entire FTX_VECTOR folder, then go to the FSX\ORBX\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the FTX_GLOBAL_VECTOR_PACK.txt file.

Now to reinstall, sign in to your Orbx Direct account on the web page, and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the Vector product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select Vector, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip".

This post was the simple and objective solution, well explained.
I tried updating without success. I made a new manual download as explained by and succeeded. Thank you very much

Archived