Jackson, Wyoming Departure (in my new DC-9)

PDX Flyer

Awesome shots, of the most awesome jet airliner ever.

Uh oh...your purchase looks intruiging...who made it and what do you think of it so far?

Are there a lot of repaints available?

I hear you re: swearing off more planes though....hardly any time to fly my existing fleet, what with work and a nice sunny weekend and of course looking at everyone's nice screenshots. :)

Steve

39 minutes ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Awesome shots, of the most awesome jet airliner ever.

Uh oh...your purchase looks intruiging...who made it and what do you think of it so far?

Are there a lot of repaints available?

I hear you re: swearing off more planes though....hardly any time to fly my existing fleet, what with work and a nice sunny weekend and of course looking at everyone's nice screenshots. :)

Steve

It is the Sky Simulations DC-9.  Good exterior model.  Fair to Poor panel.  Interior sounds also kind of funky.  Would I buy again?  Absolutely yes because this is so darn much fun to fly.

It makes me want to also fly my Captain Sim 727 and my Justflight DC-8...I love both of these aircraft.  I looked at the Coolsky DC-9, but decided for the extra money, plus the $20 charge for each of three livery packs, that the Sky Simulations made sense.  Yes the Coolsky is supposed to have a better virtual cockpit.  Do you own that one and what do you think?

Nice PDX.  I remember decommissioning a bunch of these.  They were unbelievably great planes and all-around workhorses.  Love your shots!

Oh, I know what you mean too, I'm very seriously thinking about buying the 727 today.  I have so many planes and so little time, it's like a drug!  Orbx and planes, who could ask for more to be happy in life?

4 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

It is the Sky Simulations DC-9.  Good exterior model.  Fair to Poor panel.  Interior sounds also kind of funky.  Would I buy again?  Absolutely yes because this is so darn much fun to fly.

It makes me want to also fly my Captain Sim 727 and my Justflight DC-8...I love both of these aircraft.  I looked at the Coolsky DC-9, but decided for the extra money, plus the $20 charge for each of three livery packs, that the Sky Simulations made sense.  Yes the Coolsky is supposed to have a better virtual cockpit.  Do you own that one and what do you think?

Hi PDX...I (surprisingly!) don't own ANY DC-9s....I probably should.

Or this 727 or DC-8 you speak of.

But then I probably can't hop around my San Juans in a DC-8!

Steve

12 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

I looked at the Coolsky DC-9, but decided for the extra money, plus the $20 charge for each of three livery packs, that the Sky Simulations made sense.  Yes the Coolsky is supposed to have a better virtual cockpit.  Do you own that one and what do you think?

Hello,

since you asked, I have the Coolsky version and regard it as one of my best aircraft models.

Here are a few images.

I was lucky enough to catch it in a seasonal sale in 2015 at the FlightStore uk on DVD for £12.50 delivered.

The default VC textures

2017_2_20_7_1_18_502.jpg

One of the (pricey) VC replacement textures.

2017_2_20_6_45_33_245.jpg

A replica of your second VC shot.

2017_2_20_6_47_35_517.jpg

The VC

2017_2_19_11_51_38_927.jpg

2017_2_19_12_55_1_813.jpg

Archived