Breathtaking screenshots, Jack! :)

Thanks RJ.

4 hours ago, Republic DC-9 said:

Great shots, Jack!

Steve

Thanks Steve.

2 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Impressive shots Jack, lovely sky!

Thanks Roger, yeah, it was unintended but beautiful. 

2 hours ago, Dog4Zero said:

Nice plane too. They where better before Cessna took them over. I used to work for Columbia Aircraft and was sad to see them leave.

Thanks Dog, that's awesome.  I spent my life in aviation as an A&P and Air Force.  What did you do there?  I'm always interested in anyone working real world stuff.  This is why I sim, I'm medically grounded.  Can't even work anymore.  :(

10 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I spent my life in aviation as an A&P and Air Force.  What did you do there?  I'm always interested in anyone working real world stuff.  This is why I sim, I'm medically grounded.  Can't even work anymore.  :(

Maybe a stupid question on my part, but what is an A&P?  Although I have never worked in the real aviation world, I have volunteered the last 10 years at PDX, working in an information booth.  99% of the job is boring and mundane questions, but occasionally I come home with a most interesting story to tell.  

11 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

Maybe a stupid question on my part, but what is an A&P?  Although I have never worked in the real aviation world, I have volunteered the last 10 years at PDX, working in an information booth.  99% of the job is boring and mundane questions, but occasionally I come home with a most interesting story to tell.  

A&P = Airframe and Powerplant license.  In the U.S. we can work all aircraft from drones to hot air balloons from 747's to J3's.  I also have my FCC license as I specialize in cockpit avionics but I work the whole plane, from engines to sheet metal repairs.  But, sadly, I have been medically grounded so I'm away from my job for now.  :(

I did 22 years in the AF. when I got out went to work for Lance Air, turned into Columbia then Cessna bought them and moved to Kansas. I worked in the service center as an avionics tech. Did after market installs and upgrades as well as doing annuals and just fixing stuff that broke. I'm not a pilot but I did get a lot of hours for troubleshooting reasons. Had a ton of fun working for them. Cessna did away with the service center and I didn't want to go back into the factory.  So I left them and went to work for Epic Aircraft doing the same thing before they shut down in 2007. Now I am in Mexico on the beach and flying FSX. No work back in Bend OR. Epic has been back up and running since 2009. But I had already moved.  On this plane the speed brakes where always a bitch to get working right. One would deploy or retract to fast or slow and cause a yaw that sometimes could be a bitch on approach. Getting parts to match sometimes took a few parts.

1 hour ago, Dog4Zero said:

I did 22 years in the AF. when I got out went to work for Lance Air, turned into Columbia then Cessna bought them and moved to Kansas. I worked in the service center as an avionics tech. Did after market installs and upgrades as well as doing annuals and just fixing stuff that broke. I'm not a pilot but I did get a lot of hours for troubleshooting reasons. Had a ton of fun working for them. Cessna did away with the service center and I didn't want to go back into the factory.  So I left them and went to work for Epic Aircraft doing the same thing before they shut down in 2007. Now I am in Mexico on the beach and flying FSX. No work back in Bend OR. Epic has been back up and running since 2009. But I had already moved.  On this plane the speed brakes where always a bitch to get working right. One would deploy or retract to fast or slow and cause a yaw that sometimes could be a bitch on approach. Getting parts to match sometimes took a few parts.

22 years, most excellent, thanks for your service.  It sounds like you had quite a career and now relaxing on a beach in Mexico?  Why do some people have all the luck?  That's cool.  I know what you mean about getting parts.  Air Force and my airline.  What did you do avionics-wise?  I miss it a lot.  

I did just about anything that had a wire going to it.  From engines to G1000, lights autopilot and so on. it was a lot of fun and frustrating at times. I had to rewire a Columbia 400 that had G1000 in it after it was hit by lightning. That was fun. In the AF I worked F-16s and F-15s, got out about a year before they got there first F-22. From what I have head that was a good thing. those things where a nightmare for a while.

4 hours ago, Dog4Zero said:

I did just about anything that had a wire going to it.  From engines to G1000, lights autopilot and so on. it was a lot of fun and frustrating at times. I had to rewire a Columbia 400 that had G1000 in it after it was hit by lightning. That was fun. In the AF I worked F-16s and F-15s, got out about a year before they got there first F-22. From what I have head that was a good thing. those things where a nightmare for a while.

Sounds like we did the same thing.  Anything with a wire....very cool.

Archived