I have Melbourne v2 but not in Direct3

JimNZ

Hello All.

I have a registered copy of Melbourne v2, bought from FSS.  I e-mailed Adrian and he said to contact Orbx.

I see v3 there, but as I have paid for v2 I'd like to get it out and install it. However it didn't cross over when changing from FSS to Orbx.  Is this tough luck for me or can it be done.

JimNZ

Thank you Ed.  The only problem is that it doesn't show in there, now I'm not sure what to do.  I was hoping to download it straight

from the FSS site but there no download showing in my account there, that's why I wrote to him and he told me to contact Orbx.

So now I'm not sure what I do.

By the way Ed, I believe you done the Valdez Airport.  Absolutely amazing, certainly one of the best I've ever seen and there's a lot of really good ones to compare it with.  Well done.

JimNZ

I also have Melbourne V2, and (as in Jim's case) it isn't showing in FTX Central V3. I don't fly in Australia often enough to justify upgrading to the newer version, but would still like to install V2. I too tried downloading directly from the Flight Sim Store, but no download option showing (only the order details).

FSS0247997

Any chance of adding it to Central V3 please?

Okay, got all the data.  Can I say thanks again Nick, you guys are amazing.

Original (NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD)

Orbx-FTX: AU YMML Melbourne International.  2008-08-11, FSS0009273

UPDATE (I presume) NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD.

Obyx-FTX: AU YMML Melbourne International V2 Pre Pay 2010-09-24,  FSS0078040

Thank you very much Nick I hope this will help you.

Regards JimNZ

I have same problem as Norfolk Mike.  I have lots more addons that didnt appear in FTX Cental 3.   Its a good idea but I'm  bit bummed it didnt take all my scenaries.  The data sent to you by FSS shows my keys.  SO yoou do know I paid for it.

Sorry if I did not make myself clear enough.

I do not have access to the FSS database.

Without this, I cannot validate order numbers and issue copies of software.

I have asked for this to be repaired and Jim has asked as well.

Whether it is due to the current holidays or for another reason, this has not taken place.

Please bear with me, I hope that someone will do something about this soon.

I do not doubt that the order numbers quoted are genuine.

It is not a matter of trust but a matter of protocol.When all said and done, an order number

is required just for support and they do not always stand examination.

For this reason they are all checked and it is never a slur on the character of the customer.

Greetings again Nick.

You'll be fast asleep when I post this.  If not you should be:P Please find below a reply I received from Adrian last night 27/12/2016.

DEC 27, 2016  |  07:24AM AEDT
Adrian - The FlightSim Store replied:

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your email. I am not sure what database needs to be opened or fixed. Perhaps Nick should contact me directly.

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Adrian Lehmann
phone : +61 2 4296 1641
fax : +61 2 8572 8203

DEC 26, 2016  |  08:56AM AEDT
Original message
Jim wrote:

Hi Adrian. I had a message from Nick Cooper (moderator for Orbx) asking if I could contact you and ask if you could open/fix your database as they can't get into it.

So I've done what he asked.

Regards, Jim

This message was sent to zl2bmh@xtra.co.nz in reference to Case #: 43470.
Follow this link to view the status of your case and add additional comments:
http://flightsimstore.desk.com/customer/portal/private/cases/43470

*Important Note on Email Sent to Multiple Recipients
If you send or reply to a message with multiple recipients, any responses to the thread may show up as part of the case history, even if those exchanges aren't directed to you. In essence, the owner of the original message also owns all communication associated with that case, regardless of who the subsequent senders and recipients are. Our suggestion is to make sure that all recipients are aware of this, and that the sending of sensitive information is avoided.

[[ab8a5e3d0fec8229886e1d19a005b41f1cc81df2-860907800]]f not you should be:P

Oh dear, I feel sorry for you Ron.  It's strange that is disappeared into the space like that.

My problem is the registration. It tells me the registration number is wrong. This is for Melbourne v2 and

for a Twin Otter DH-6.

i'm sure Nick will get to the bottom of it as he is, as you know, I real talented guy.

Must tell you to Ron, splashed out today and bought the Carenado King Air 530i.  I originally bought an Aztec in a sale at Steam

IMHO is was really poor quality so asked for my money back.  I was about to press the button on the Carenado Aztec, at their own site,it's beautiful

but ended up with this one.  A bit more saving and I'll get that Aztec.

I hope you can sort it out Ron, best of luck to you.  Essex.  There's been many great cricketers to have come from Essex.

Bye meantime.  JimNZ

Hello Nick.

I have a copy above, where Adrian replied to me.

Just to reiterate my problem.  I have the original Melbourne Airport (payware), then the update called Melbourne Airport V2 . I have registered numbers, but no means of downloading it.

I have two other problems, but they are not Orbx related, so that's between Adrian and myself.

Regards,

JimNZ

For those of us who haven't received the "PM", has there been any 'behind the scenes' progress with this? Please don't confuse my innocuous query with impatience (because it isn't), but it would be nice to have all purchased products available via FTX Central V3. As it stands, V3 doesn't acknowledge I have it, and FSS won't allow me to download it :(.

I can't work it out :(. I was too embarrassed to ask on here earlier as I thought someone would just shove a link to the solution in my face and a sarcastic accompanying comment to the effect of "why don't you learn to read, you fat t***!"

Unzipping the folder manually just leads to a Russian Doll effect! One folder contains six zipped folders, and each one of THOSE contains several others (all zipped), so clearly attempting to decompress THAT lot in the hope of coming across an installer exe is a bit futile.

So, Melbourne remains in my account, but still inaccessible through FTX Central V3 :wacko:. C'mon guys, what am I missing? :D

Thanks for the link Nick, as well as your on-going perseverance. Right, the info contained within that linked topic was something I came across whilst attempting to find a solution, so I have at least done SOME research!;)

The problem however, is this: Although I now have Melbourne V2 visible in the OrbX Direct account, there isn't a thumbnail of the product showing within Central V3 (if you see what I mean?) The information in your link is quite clear, but seems to rely on the product image being visible in Central. For example, I do have a couple of sceneries which I haven't yet installed. If I click on one of those sceneries, then I see the blue "install product" bar (which is the one I generally use), AND (as shown in your link) the option to install from a manual download etc. (which I've never used).

Ok, so I HAVE manually downloaded the file, as that option is given via clicking onto the product (in this case, Melbourne V2) within the OrbX direct account, and that folder (with all of its compressed subfolders currently resides in my 'downloads' folder.  But, without a thumbnail of Melbourne V2 showing within Central V3, I don't know which direction to go? It all seems to hinge on their being a thumbnail of Melbourne V2 within the Oceania section of Central V3, and...there just isn't one. I guess the upgrade of YMML V2 to V3 has created this unforeseen problem?

Cheers, Mike.

Hello Mike,

I don't know why you don't have the YMML v2 icon, I certainly do here and it appeared after I

added YMML v2 to my account.

The only thing I can think of is to try re-installing FTX Central v3 and see if it picks it up.

Otherwise it might be a case of waiting for the next version of FTX Central which I understand

is on the way.

To re-install FTX Central, do this:

Please try to delete C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx and

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx.

Then try to re-install FTX Central v3 from the link

on the Orbx Direct home page.

Ah, at least it means that I wasn't necessarily overlooking something obvious, and that the icon/thumbnail should be appearing in Central V3 :D. I won't risk a reinstall of FTX Central at this moment in time (if indeed it is a 'risky' manoeuvre) as I have a pretty complex scenery library structure, so if an update is in the pipeline I'll see if that picks up YMML v2 first, and if it doesn't, I'll follow the procedure you outlined above. 

Thanks for your help, Mike.

Archived