PAJN Elevation Problem

ESzczesniak

I have this "step" off to the left or runway 23 at Orbx PAJN.  Any thoughts as to whats causing this?  I have Orbx SAK (all regions actually), global, vector, OpenLC NA as well as Tongass Fjords X.  In fact, I just installed Tongass Fjords in to P3D today and this is when I noticed the problem, although I haven't flown to PAJN recently and this could have been there for a while.  I tried disabling the Tongass entries and this did not solve the problem.  I searched my P3D v3 folder for all files with "PAJN" in the name, and they were all either related to Orbx or AIRAC data. 

PAJN Step.jpg

I do not have MT6.  I have also tried disabling the elevation correction file (from this thread:

).  All that did was put everything in a canyon.  It's not that this is all that bad or that the airport is unuseable, but I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be that way and would like to figure it out.

Disable Vector and see if it does anything. Vector contains a file called ABL_PAJN.bgl in it's FTX Vector APT folder which may be interfering. Vector should be disabled in a Full Fat Region like SAK if you intend to just remain in that Region. Obviously enable Vector if you are going to fly from a Full Fat Region to another area not covered by a FTX Region.

I don't see the need to disable Vector if flying in a full fat region.  I have Vector enabled when I fly SAK, for example, and I don't have an elevation problem at PAJN and never have. I've recently been flying in NRM and PNW in Canada and Washington state, with Vector enabled with no problems with *any* of the airports, big or small, that I visit.  In fact, Vector is disabled only when flying in Australia.  If I do encounter an elevation problem, which is rare, I try to manually disable the AEC with Vector's AEC tool.

There's something else interfering with the OP's PAJN elevation, imo.  It could be, as Doug mentions, the OP's mesh resolution is set incorrectly.

Hi guys,

it's difficult to say from that single screenshot but perhaps it's the same issue as discussed here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/73167-vector-causes-mesh-issue-at-pajn-payware-within-sak/

If not then I'd suggest running another Windows search of your entire P3D folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAJN*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths so we can help you tease out the incompatible file(s).

Cheers, Holger

6 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

it's difficult to say from that single screenshot but perhaps it's the same issue as discussed here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/73167-vector-causes-mesh-issue-at-pajn-payware-within-sak/

If not then I'd suggest running another Windows search of your entire P3D folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *PAJN*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths so we can help you tease out the incompatible file(s).

Cheers, Holger

Disabling the vector files mentioned in the above thread did the trick.  Thanks!

Archived