Looking for a nice FPS friendly piston twin

Benny

To be honest, I told myself i would never again buy a Carenado glass cockpit plane, well I did yesterday. the C90 GTX KING AIR HD SERIES.

With their Cessna 337H at my new ENSG i'm at 45 FPS +, with the C90, 14 FPS. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't get it. similar low FPS with the  CT182T SKYLANE G1000 and the C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD SERIES. All have glass cockpit.

So this will be my last (on this rig) glass cockpit plane from them.

So I'm looking for a nice piston (or turbine?) twin.. I have the Realair T Duke but it's to fast.

Suggestion?

Thanks, Ben

3 hours ago, Benny said:

Suggestion?

Ben, have you tried or considered the Aerosoft Twin Otter EX? It runs very well in P3D now (if you are running P3D that is). It is a twin engine, turbo prop STOL aircraft. On my machine, with P3D running with max sliders, the Twin Otter is one of the planes I own that least affects my FPS and VAS usage. 

2 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Ben, have you tried or considered the Aerosoft Twin Otter EX? It runs very well in P3D now (if you are running P3D that is). It is a twin engine, turbo prop STOL aircraft. On my machine, with P3D running with max sliders, the Twin Otter is one of the planes I own that least affects my FPS and VAS usage. 

I already got the TO, first and second GEN. Just bought the Carenado Baron...

Will give it a spin at KBID :D

Ben

Hi, I've all ways wanted the non turbine Duke and now looks like I never will. Does anybody know of any body else that does it. Did have a look but could not find anything. What about the twin otter, that's a good and slow plane. Derek.

I just bought The BN 2 Islander from just flight - I didn't have time to fly it yet but I loaded it up for some configuration tests and I got bester fps than in most of my other planes including RealAir. Reviews were positive, and performance seems to be ok with a cruise speed of 139 knots and great STOL capabilities. The only downside is the low service ceiling of around 13000 feet. 

The Carenado Baron indeed is a nice piston twin but I recently bought their 500s Shrike Aero Commander and that's a real gem! It's really good on FPS and nice to fly.

If you like vintage radial engines than the free C-47 V3 is great and the Just Flight Lockheed Electra Model 10A is also one of my favorites.

The flysimware c441 conquest is on special at around $17. Great bargain as is their learjet. Conquest is a turbine but a great performer and is very well simulated by this underated developer.  Got the lear for $21. Best bargain i have ever bought.

I avoid anything with glass cockpit or G1000 as a rule.  Was considering the Carenado C90 GTX a few months back,  got the B200 HD series in place.  I find it has nicer interior, lots of repaints available online, easy to fly and very good on framerates - no impact on my system.  Planes are meant to be flown and not static objects, and although Carenado has lots of beauties available, unfortunately none serve my purpose for smooth flights after examining their specs and reviews on similar systems to mine.  I certainly wish the Carenado Phenom line did not have glass cockpit and G1000 because this is one beautiful aircraft.

Dwm2016-10-0522-31-32-97.png

MJ's  C-47 V3 is also probably the best freeware I have ever come across - reminds me a lot of A2A caliber aircraft.  With all systems modelled it is a challenge to fly, but a ton of fun.

Check it out here :  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/101535-Douglas-C-47-V3-Beta-Released

Dwm2016-12-1714-17-55-59.jpg

Archived