Weird Texture Problem

anthony99

G'day,

Iv'e just done a complete reinstall of P3D due to having water patches and over the terrain. I reinstalled the sim and as soon as I installed ORBX LIBS the problem occurred again. My friend also had the same issue and he reinstalled the sim again and ORBX LIBS and he got the water patches too. I've tried Holger's post and that didn't help at all. Is there a way to solve this? At this stage it is a clean sim with the libs being the only Orbx product installed. I was planning on waiting until i could fix default before installing FTX Aus, etc. Order number  #FSS0175471 7ebe3895fb0642c68d960a93f912fcff.jpeg

c5f3b659e00846e9ab1c4ffe79feb598.jpeg

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Anthony Davis

Sorry, I should of been more clear. I tested with ORBX LIBS as the first thing I installed after a reinstall of P3D as soon as I installed LIBS it was showing the screenshots above. I installed FTX AU to see if it would of fixed but it only did in the AU region. However when I was approaching Dubai 2 days ago there was water all over the terrain. I have a screenshot departing Dubai and you can just see it in the background.14f8df1750294d3b973ec751255459e2.jpeg

Sorry for the poor quality.

HI Guys

I have similar symptoms with brand new P3d (3.4) and Orbx install, nothing else on the primary flight computer aside from the ProSim aircraft and FSUPIC. 

It may be unrelated to the above issues, and I'm still trying to work out the exact way to generate the issue, but so far it looks like

1: A clean take-off and 'well behaved' flight, completely clean until on approach and then completely weird textures appear (after landing at NZAA there was a texture which had eastern Australia, Tasman Sea and NZ in the middle of the grass between taxiways.  Until that point I'd flown from NZQN - flown over NZDN, NZCH, NZWN and approached NZAA without a single glitch.

2: A clean take from NZQN, a 'interesting' tour of Milford Sound (in a 737... which I'm sure would have resulted in the handing in of the pilot's licence :)) and a low pass of one of the Dams on a river, then crazy textures appeared, and continued all the way up to NZWN.  The 'crazy' textures would build out in front (and to the side) of the aircraft as it moved up the coast.  You'd some times see the scenery at its Orbx best, then textures would jump in.

3: After a full shutdown restart I repeated a normal flight( no crazy low level stuff)  without seeing the crazy textures NZQN - flown over NZDN, NZCH, NZWN.

So it almost looks like the issue appears when the Sim was under stress, is that similar to what you have seen, or are the crazy textures present at all times?

I'm pretty sure I'm one hotifx behind on P3d, but after a sanity check before jumping on the upgrade merry-go-round.

Cheers

Peter

G'day Peter

On latest version of P3D here with issue still occuring. I notice it occuring on my flight from OMDB-WSSS. All over Malaysia and India you could see the textures "glitchy". Thanks

Regards,

Anthony

3 hours ago, anthony99 said:

G'day Peter

On latest version of P3D here with issue still occuring. I notice it occuring on my flight from OMDB-WSSS. All over Malaysia and India you could see the textures "glitchy". Thanks

Regards,

Anthony

Thanks Anthony

That saves me an unnecessary upgrade.  Was your install a Fresh OrbxDirect install?  Mine was.

cheers

Peter

10 hours ago, bnepethomas said:

Thanks Anthony

That saves me an unnecessary upgrade.  Was your install a Fresh OrbxDirect install?  Mine was.

cheers

Peter

From upgrading to the latest hotfix to P3D? If so, no. I just ran the client installer. However I did do a fresh reinstall when this issue started occurring and as soon as ORBX LIBS installed it started happening. 

Thanks

12 hours ago, anthony99 said:

G'day Doug,

I have tried however while doing that I noticed I don't have these folders ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work. Is that normal? 

Thanks

Hi Anthony

I don't think that is normal, but I don't know why that would be the case, It would be worth posting a separate topic with "Missing ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work. Is that normal?" as the title to get some more insight.

On 09/01/2017 at 3:37 AM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Anthony

I don't think that is normal, but I don't know why that would be the case, It would be worth posting a separate topic with "Missing ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work. Is that normal?" as the title to get some more insight.

Hi Doug

I have asked some people if they have that folder and they don't. (1 uses P3D and other uses FSX SE) Not sure if thats normal with FTX Central V3. Thanks 

26 minutes ago, Stirling Day said:

Not after any help, just feeling bad for old mate since no one has come up with a conclusion to his problem.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks, if you have any ideas please feel free to share, we are all doing our best. :)

On 1/9/2017 at 9:19 PM, anthony99 said:

Hi Doug

I have asked some people if they have that folder and they don't. (1 uses P3D and other uses FSX SE) Not sure if thats normal with FTX Central V3. Thanks 

Anthony

The reason for needing the scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder is to obtain a backup copy of a terrain.cfg file, so I have attached a copy from my scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder for you to try, then you can carry on with the procedure below.

You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling FTXC3 to see if it will give you the ORBX\scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder by doing the below procedure.

Delete C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx and

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx.

Then re-install FTX Central v3 from the link

on the Orbx Direct home page.

terrain.cfg

11 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Anthony

The reason for needing the scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder is to obtain a backup copy of a terrain.cfg file, so I have attached a copy from my scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder for you to try, then you can carry on with the procedure below.

You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling FTXC3 to see if it will give you the ORBX\scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder by doing the below procedure.

Delete C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx and

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx.

Then re-install FTX Central v3 from the link

on the Orbx Direct home page.

terrain.cfg

G'day Doug,

Tried those steps above and still no FTX Central\Work folder. Thanks

Anthony

Archived