Weird Texture Problem

anthony99

On 12/23/2016 at 0:36 AM, anthony99 said:

fca935c93aa049b892927fd6eced60b1.jpeg

The only landclass I have installed is Flytampa Dubai LC. 

Hello Anthony,

What Graphics card and system are you running ?  I can Replicate these very images by maxing out my Graphics card 

Have you checked to see what VRam is been used when flying ? 

Had you Global Base Installed Previous to this ?

When you Uninstalled Prepar3D did you delete all your Prepar3D Directories ?

Before you Reinstalled Prepar3D did you Insure your Core Prepar3D folder was Empty  ? 

=============

Before you do an Uninstall and Reinstall of Prepar3D again,  Try the following,  its quick and painless 

(1)

Locate and Delete the 3 Blue folders,  Note: This will Temporarily Disconnect your Add On's from Prepar3D,  This action will also clean up your Prepar3D Directories\Folders  

► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ►Lockheed Martin

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

(2)  Launch Prepar3D and test in this state first, Also use Default graphic settings,  If all is good,  Close Prepar3D  

(3)  Open your FTX Control Panel and wait 10\15 seconds,  then close it  

(4)  Launch Prepar3D and test now,  If all is good,  adjust up your graphic settings slightly and test again  

14 hours ago, Elaine Dixon said:

Hello Anthony,

What Graphics card and system are you running ?  I can Replicate these very images by maxing out my Graphics card 

Have you checked to see what VRam is been used when flying ? 

Had you Global Base Installed Previous to this ?

When you Uninstalled Prepar3D did you delete all your Prepar3D Directories ?

Before you Reinstalled Prepar3D did you Insure your Core Prepar3D folder was Empty  ? 

=============

Before you do an Uninstall and Reinstall of Prepar3D again,  Try the following,  its quick and painless 

(1)

Locate and Delete the 3 Blue folders,  Note: This will Temporarily Disconnect your Add On's from Prepar3D,  This action will also clean up your Prepar3D Directories\Folders  

► Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ►Lockheed Martin

► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin

(2)  Launch Prepar3D and test in this state first, Also use Default graphic settings,  If all is good,  Close Prepar3D  

(3)  Open your FTX Control Panel and wait 10\15 seconds,  then close it  

(4)  Launch Prepar3D and test now,  If all is good,  adjust up your graphic settings slightly and test again  

Hello,

I am running a GTX1070 card with the VRAM at a stable level. Orbx global do you mean? If so I haven't got Orbx global. I have done a complete reinstall and deleted every folder associated with P3D. After reinstalling the sim all went well. Installed FTX AU and no problems. But as soon as I installed ORBX LIBS I noticed this. 

Without Libs

.eJwFwVsOhCAMAMC7cAAqVF7ehiBBs9oSqPFjs3f

With Libs

12e30d0f99704bd19d3ab488b8e32d95.jpeg

With LIBs Installed you can see the highlighted above compared to the shot without Libs. These shots are taken at VOBG. Thanks

Just to get my two cents in, I am having the same problem with water and I fly FSX.  It just started happening recently and I didn't install or uninstall any ORBX or FSX files or programs.  I would love a solution.

5 minutes ago, Livingfood said:

I didn't want to start a new thread, but this is after a brand new install of P3D 3.4 and Orbx.  I only have FTX Global and Vector installed.  This is en-route to San Deigo from Las Vegas in the US.

6ObXzkD.png

But you will please need to start a new thread, because there is not one fix that fits all, and your issue is not the same....

Well, it seems like many others are having identical issues. As I mentioned, it occurred after installing ORBX LIBs and cannot be undone unless system restore point has been saved.

I have tried removing LIBS but still doesn't solve it. I don't understand what could be causing this issue? On my old PC I've never seen anything like it however I wasn't running P3D V3.4.18 which could also be another cause of this issue.

I understand that the ORBX Team are busy developing other upcoming projects and have busy lives themselves, but it's been over a month since I started this topic and I still don't have any answers.

I've tried everything, all advice given to me from both this topic/forums and other friends including 2 full simulator re-installs (even deleted the appdata folders, etc. as per above), re-installed each individual product and it seems that it is ORBX Libs causing this issue.

Other suggestions such as replacing my supposedly corrupted terrain.cfg file with the one in Holder's post still has not worked.
I also ran the MigrationTroubleshooter and it all migrated successfully.

I also have FTX Australia installed, but installed it before LIBS and the sim worked as normal.

Is there anyone out there who is able to assist both myself and the others out there with the same issue as the ORBX product line is renowned for their high quality and support, but unfortunately some of us have to downgrade their experience due to this issue.

Hi ANthony,

Im back from Holidays and replied to a thread I started in Dec where I described texture morphing issues.

I followed the suggestions, however it has not solved the issue.

One thing I did notice, was, as soon as the texture morphing issues started, if I went to my Scenery Library config in P3D and either disabled, or enabled a scenery layer (does matter which one) as long as I forced P3D to rebuild the scenery list and cache, my texture morphing went away for that session.

Just wondering if you have tried that to see if it cures some of your issues (at least for that current flying session)

Regards

David

29 minutes ago, au_davidK said:

Hi ANthony,

Im back from Holidays and replied to a thread I started in Dec where I described texture morphing issues.

I followed the suggestions, however it has not solved the issue.

One thing I did notice, was, as soon as the texture morphing issues started, if I went to my Scenery Library config in P3D and either disabled, or enabled a scenery layer (does matter which one) as long as I forced P3D to rebuild the scenery list and cache, my texture morphing went away for that session.

Just wondering if you have tried that to see if it cures some of your issues (at least for that current flying session)

Regards

David

G'day David,

Thank you for your reply. I tried this and had no success. Thanks

Regards,

Anthony

6 hours ago, anthony99 said:

I've tried everything, all advice given to me from both this topic/forums and other friends including 2 full simulator re-installs (even deleted the appdata folders, etc. as per above), re-installed each individual product and it seems that it is ORBX Libs causing this issue.

Anthony

If you have  done 2 full simulator re-installs, then it is obviously something you are doing wrong or have missed, that would be nearly impossible for anyone to catch or think of via forum. :):)

PMDG has the best uninstall guide. It guides you through it step by step. I once had this issue but it was because i didnt set a region or something when we were still using FTXCv2. You do use FTXCv3 right? and not some outdated installer?

16 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Anthony

If you have  done 2 full simulator re-installs, then it is obviously something you are doing wrong or have missed, that would be nearly impossible for anyone to catch or think of via forum. :):)

Hello,

I don't understand how I could be clearly doing something wrong when several other members who posted in this thread have the same issue after installing ORBX LIB's. As I've mentioned numerous times it has only happened after installing ORBX LIB's. :)

13 hours ago, elmucki said:

PMDG has the best uninstall guide. It guides you through it step by step. I once had this issue but it was because i didnt set a region or something when we were still using FTXCv2. You do use FTXCv3 right? and not some outdated installer?

Yep using V3. I tried downgrading using FTXCv2 however that didn't work.

Thanks,

Anthony

7 minutes ago, anthony99 said:

I don't understand how I could be clearly doing something wrong when several other members who posted in this thread have the same issue after installing ORBX LIB's. As I've mentioned numerous times it has only happened after installing ORBX LIB's. :)

I guess another way of putting it is.....you are obviously doing something different that is not compatible with Orbx Libs then. :) 

1 minute ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

I guess another way of putting it is.....you are obviously doing something different that is not compatible with Orbx Libs then. :) 

When I did the reinstall I only installed the sim, magnetic variation fix, world navaid fix and then ORBX FTA AU and then LIBS. I wouldn't have a clue what could be conflicting with it. :unsure:

6 hours ago, BaileyF14 said:

How can he be doing something wrong when I clearly have the exact same problem? It's been almost a month and little support has been provided in regards to this issue. 

Have you done everything that has been suggested in this thread as support?

8 hours ago, anthony99 said:

When I did the reinstall I only installed the sim, magnetic variation fix, world navaid fix and then ORBX FTA AU and then LIBS. I wouldn't have a clue what could be conflicting with it.

Please post your exact steps for uninstalling your P3D, and your Orbx products, can you be 110% sure that there were no remnants left? 

Could you also attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file here?

Hil All,

I think I am having the exactly same issue in P3D V3.4. It happened after installation of the Iceland Demo / Orb Lib. I do not have any other Orbx products so far.

Its really annoying....

Hope very much that there is a solution without reinstalling P3D because with all the addon airports and stuff this means at least a whole day work...

regards

Irimi

P.S:  the red text which shows up on some texture patches says "Winter"

water texture3.jpg

water texture4.jpg

7 hours ago, irimi said:

Hil All,

I think I am having the exactly same issue in P3D V3.4. It happened after installation of the Iceland Demo / Orb Lib. I do not have any other Orbx products so far.

Its really annoying....

Hope very much that there is a solution without reinstalling P3D because with all the addon airports and stuff this means at least a whole day work...

regards

Irimi

P.S:  the red text which shows up on some texture patches says "Winter"

water texture3.jpg

water texture4.jpg

Hi, Welcome to the forums :)

Yours is not the same issue....Please post a new topic for your own issue. :)

Thanks

Hi Doug,

thanks for your reply,

but I am wondering a little bit about what makes you so sure that this is a different issue. So It almost seems that mine is a known issue, which makes me hope that there is also an already known solution to it. In this case I will be happy to open a new topic of course :)
But honestly I cant see why it really should be different. I am getting exactly the same weird water texture patches where they are not supposed to be in a default scenery region (in that case somewhere over Morrocco) and the problem started after installig Iceland Demo an Orbx Libs.......

best regards
Irimi

5 hours ago, irimi said:

Hi Doug,

thanks for your reply,

but I am wondering a little bit about what makes you so sure that this is a different issue. So It almost seems that mine is a known issue, which makes me hope that there is also an already known solution to it. In this case I will be happy to open a new topic of course :)
But honestly I cant see why it really should be different. I am getting exactly the same weird water texture patches where they are not supposed to be in a default scenery region (in that case somewhere over Morrocco) and the problem started after installig Iceland Demo an Orbx Libs.......

best regards
Irimi

Hi Irimi

There are many many reasons why textures display incorrectly and there is very seldom one fix fits all, and there are many things we don,t know about your set up....the words "Winter" (which Anthony does not have) appearing across some of the textures is an FSX/P3D issue and indicates that default textures have not been replaced by another product....so please start your own new topic so it can get the proper response and visibility it deserves, and so we are not hijacking Anthony,s post. :)  You can also have a look at the link below.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

thanks a lot for the explanation and the link. The water patches seem to be another issue however..
But anyway I found a solution for both , so actually no new topic needed :)

I deleted my main scenery folder and then run the repair-function of the P3D-deinstaller. And It actually did what I was hoping: It reinstalled the default scenery folder !
I then only had to put in again all my add-on files from my backup except the ORBX-ones (at leat the ones that I could recognize as such) and all is good again.

Just one final suggestion: It would be incredible helpfull if your products would come with an unistaller which really cleans up everything that was copied in

thanks again and best regards
Irimi

21 hours ago, irimi said:

Hi Doug,

thanks a lot for the explanation and the link. The water patches seem to be another issue however..

I deleted my main scenery folder and then run the repair-function of the P3D-deinstaller. And It actually did what I was hoping: It reinstalled the default scenery folder !
I then only had to put in again all my add-on files from my backup except the ORBX-ones (at leat the ones that I could recognize as such) and all is good again.

Just one final suggestion: It would be incredible helpfull if your products would come with an unistaller which really cleans up everything that was copied in

thanks again and best regards
Irimi

in FTXCv3, the uninstaller is there...  you just have to click the product you own and that is installed and click uninstall. Its quite simple. Take a look at screenshot. http://prntscr.com/e2sj2i

• 2 months later...
On 25/01/2017 at 10:48 PM, Doug Sawatzky said:

Please post your exact steps for uninstalling your P3D, and your Orbx products, can you be 110% sure that there were no remnants left? 

Could you also attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file here?

Hello Doug,

Sorry for the late response, I have taken a break from the sim and still am at this current moment. I'll keep this thread going so others who have this issue can monitor this and try to assist them. If I can recall correctly, I removed everything using add or remove programs, then I removed everything related to the sim (left over folders), except for the PMDG OPS center. I removed everything from the main P3D directory, everything from APPDATA relating to P3D, ORBX and other addons, I removed everything from the Local folder and the program data folder. As mentioned before, it only occurs as soon as LIBS is installed. If the others who mentioned this happens once LIBS is installed, I still believe this is an issue with ORBX LIBS. Thanks

Hi Anthony

Sounds good, but please also read the P3D installation and uninstall manual very carefully. :)  Here is also a great tutorial by Elaine.

Be sure you have a perfectly good running P3D before you start adding anything.

Cheers

Doug

17 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi Anthony

Sounds good, but please also read the P3D installation and uninstall manual very carefully. :)  Here is also a great tutorial by Elaine.

Be sure you have a perfectly good running P3D before you start adding anything.

Cheers

Doug

Hello Doug,

Thank you for that post I'll most certainly use that for future reference. 

In regards to irimi post, " thanks a lot for the explanation and the link. The water patches seem to be another issue however..

I then only had to put in again all my add-on files from my backup except the ORBX-ones (at leat the ones that I could recognize as such) and all is good again. "

I defiantly think that will work. By installing ORBX LIBS then repairing the P3D Scenery installer client, but will that stuff around with anything? (As in the ORBX LIBS files that install or anything related to ORBX) 

Thanks,

Is it also possible if one of the devs or someone apart or ORBX could replicate this issue if possible? Just P3D itself then installing LIBS to confirm whether if it is or isn't an issue with the LIBS? 

6 hours ago, anthony99 said:

I defiantly think that will work. By installing ORBX LIBS then repairing the P3D Scenery installer client, but will that stuff around with anything? (As in the ORBX LIBS files that install or anything related to ORBX) 

Anthony, installing Orbx Libs into a default P3D is pointless and there would be no reason for anyone to do that, and running the P3D Scenery installer after words would only overwrite it back to default.

Why not just do a proper clean install of P3D, and do not install the Orbx libs until you have another Orbx product installed first, this is how it is intended to work. I have just done a new install of FSXSE and P3Dv3, actually a couple of times to experiment and have had no issues. 

So get P3D installed properly and working good.

Install FTXC3, close it, then open it and do the force migration if it prompts you to.

Then install your Australia, then FTXC3 should prompt you to install the Orbx Libs with a blue notification over the settings button.

Then install the Orbx libs, close FTXC3 and reopen it.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  at the top of your scenery library if you have no other addons, or just below your last 3rd party addon.
Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Open FTXC3 again just to let it do its thing for a few moments, then close it.

Now run P3D and have a good look around to confirm everything is good before you add anything else.

Cheers

Doug

Hello Doug,

Thank you for all of that. I will give this a go when I decide to get back into the sim (just taking a break due to other reasons). However maybe others who have the same problem can do this and report back here to see if it fixes it. I appreciate the support. Thanks :) 

Archived