Hello neighbor!

Stillwater

I was testing my system after the switch to FTXCv3, and had to check some of the freeware airports that needed to be manually added to the OrbxDirect account (with an error message), and requesting for "updates" after that. Parket the trusty Maule (thats why the horizon is not even) at Port Lincoln to see:

1. ... a well-known forum member parking next to me

2. ... the ground texture of YPLC being destroyed by "REX worldwide airports HD", which originally claims to influence only default airports (obviously not true).

2016-12-3_PortLincolnVH-KDK.jpg

Cheers Martyn, lets have a cold one!

Thanks Gerold and to the other 3 gents for the recognition.

It is a great honour to have my name used by Australia's best regional airline on one of their fine SAABs.:)

Was not keen on REX Worldwide Airports HD. Too many conflicts with ground textures and also the ground equipment was misplaced at several airports. On the plus side it did make Adelaide come to life.:mellow:

Now time to have a nap under a Stringybark after all those beers with Gerold. Better check for Drop Bears first though:ph34r:

2 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

That is one very cool looking plane.  What is it?

1 hour ago, mikewies said:

Like the shot.. is this one of the REX SAAB's?

It is the SAAB 340 belonging to Regional Express who 55 of them in their fleet making them the largest operator of the type. VH-KDK was delivered to Kendell Airlines in 1985, the first 340 in the Southern Hemisphere.

20 hours ago, Voyager said:

Great catch.  Martyn seems to be a tycoon, manages to impose his Call Sign on his aircraft.:rolleyes:

Voyager

iPad - Tapatalk 

20 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That's cool, Martyn's own plane.  Hope you two enjoyed a cold beer together.

18 hours ago, RJ said:

Martyn is the best! :)

Indeed, Martyn seems to have a lot of influence on the red continent.

11 hours ago, mikewies said:

Like the shot.. is this one of the REX SAAB's?

11 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

That is one very cool looking plane.  What is it?

I assume the plane is part of the Orbx freeware AI traffic.

17 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks Gerold and to the other 3 gents for the recognition.

It is a great honour to have my name used by Australia's best regional airline on one of their fine SAABs.:)

Was not keen on REX Worldwide Airports HD. Too many conflicts with ground textures and also the ground equipment was misplaced at several airports. On the plus side it did make Adelaide come to life.:mellow:

Now time to have a nap under a Stringybark after all those beers with Gerold. Better check for Drop Bears first though:ph34r:

Meanwhile I have recovered fromour meeting and am able to type. 

I have now permanently deactivated REX WW airports, as I usually fly between payware places (or Orbx regions with their updated airstrips) anyway. Will only try it again for mid-sized airfields where I can´t decide on payware, or where there is none (e. g. Düsseldorf, Perth, etc.).

Archived