Please help me verify that my scenery library order is correct.

MD_Flier

I ran the new FTX Central 3 the other day and it alphabetized my scenery library order. Oddly enough, I didn't notice any issues other than the fact that my FPS dropped from 30 FPS (locked) to 12 FPS in the flight levels. At lower altitudes, everything seemed okay. 

I re-ordered the library using info I've found on here and the FPS issue has been resolved. I notice that there have been some changes in the scenery (for the better) as well. I've read so much about the library order, and not all of it agrees, so I'm still not 100% sure that I have it 100% 'perfect'. Can y'all take a look and let me know if this is correct? 

Specific questions:

1. Are the vector entries in the correct order? (lowest priority to highest -> _OBJ, _FixedAPT, _CVX, _EXX)
  2. Are the OLC entries in the correct order and location? 
  3. Within the regions, do I have them in the order correct? (lowest priority to highest -> Custom, Mesh, CVX, Scenery)
  4. KPDX Cityscape, Yosemite, and Devils Tower... Correct place, or move them? 
  5. Orbxlibs - Should I have put it just below Addon Scenery? (and is THAT in the correct place?)

Thank you!

Scenery_2.jpg

Scenery_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Doogles said:

Hmmm interesting, and I haven't noticed any differences while flying in the sim with vector above or below.

I suspect it's not critical - but IMHO the guide should either show it the preferred<?>/FTXCv3 way or state that they can be switched - or I wouldn't call the guide "definitive" :lol:.

Adam.

40 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

Same here - though look at this JV post from 2013, showing Vector above FSGlobal:

Adam.

Adam, I think you've mistaken the sequence of scenery layers (Base, Vector, mesh etc.) with the sequencing in the scenery library.  They are not the same.  But again, it may not make any difference in the final analysis whether Vector is above or below the Global mesh entries.  In fact, either JV or Holger has stated that to be the case, as I recall.

Hi guys,

FYI, scenery library order is only important for add-ons of the same type. "Pure" terrain mesh add-ons like FS Global 2010 don't contain any vector elements and Global Vector doesn't include any mesh files, thus the placement of the two products relative to each other doesn't matter.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you for the replies, gentlemen... 

I'm still curious about the proper order within each product. For example, each region has entries for files with Custom, Mesh, CVX, and Scenery in the name. Does it matter which order those files are in relative to each other in the scenery library? 

Vector has files with  _OBJ, _FixedAPT, _CVX, and _EXX in the file name. Do they need to be arranged in a specific order relative to each other? 

This is part of why I am asking... Do these screen shots look normal? Google Earth does show that this area is a bit strange looking, but I still don't think I'm seeing what I should be from an Orbx scenery perspective... I thought there was supposed to be a marina in the bottom shot somewhere. 

Thanks!

20161114194145_1.jpg20161114194123_1.jpg

37 minutes ago, MD_Flier said:

I'm still curious about the proper order within each product. For example, each region has entries for files with Custom, Mesh, CVX, and Scenery in the name. Does it matter which order those files are in relative to each other in the scenery library? 

These region and airports you can just leave as the installers put them in the correct order.

38 minutes ago, MD_Flier said:

Vector has files with  _OBJ, _FixedAPT, _CVX, and _EXX in the file name. Do they need to be arranged in a specific order relative to each other? 

These vector files should be in the below order.

OBJ
FixedAPT
APT
CVX
EXX

23 hours ago, Doogles said:

These vector files should be in the below order.

OBJ
FixedAPT
APT
CVX
EXX

I appreciate that. 

Now, if anyone can answer the question about the order of the entries for the region files, Custom, Mesh, CVX, and Scenery, I'll be good to go.

• 1 month later...

transaction id 5845a6f5ccebb  Iam confuse here on this pic u telling us that ftx products goes under default addon scenery and on post #2 in this thread is showing that goes on top of default scenery..Is there a sticky of how order goes with actual sim pics..

firefox 2016-12-23 09-55-14-49.jpg

14 minutes ago, ryant said:

thanks for this also on some topics iam getting this Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it.  as u can see on my post is the order transaction id

You will probably notice the forum has logged you out...this is already a reported issue, just log back in and carry on :)

Archived