An initial Ruhr tour

Stillwater

Here we go around in the agglomeration, as Martyn suggested. I started at Düsseldorf and had a look at the Henkel / BASF factories in Holthausen first. There is also a blue-yellow furniture nearby in RL, the factories and rail system look acceptable.

2016-11-5_17-12Henkel.jpg

Going north, past the rowing centrum in Duisburg...

2016-11-5_17-24Duisburgrow.jpg

... and looking back, over cities like Mülheim, Duisburg and Moers, all in one shot.

2016-11-5_17-27MulheimDUMoers.jpg

I was too high over the Krupp works in Duisburg to see the details that Jack and Martyn spotted. That is my price of the immersion: If I fly lower, the ground starts to get blurry...

2016-11-5_17-30KruppDU.jpg

And this is how the boss of the Krupp Works used to live. A little less urban, though in the heart of the area.

2016-11-5_17-38VillaHugel.jpg

The famous Zeche Zollverein just below...

2016-11-5_17-41ZecheZollverein.jpg

... and a view over Germany´s 20 million people city.

2016-11-5_17-42-13-307.jpg

The pyramid in Bottrop...

2016-11-5_17-43Bottrop.jpg

... and the Arena auf Schalke, as you can see they move the pitch out of the stadium between matches to have better growing grass for the valuable football players.

2016-11-5_17-46Schalke.jpg

Lots of energy conversion being done in the Ruhr area...

2016-11-5_17-51-49-841.jpg

... and lots of green fields when you approach to Dortmund international.

2016-11-5_18-5Dortmund.jpg

The impression of GEN is always fantastic, even though I always find some POIs missing (e. g. the Westfalenstadion in Dortmund, which is nearly cruel as their nemesis Schalke is depicted). 

Thank you for watching, @dolf8857, @RJ and @Iain Emms.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Great shots and so many POI's.  What is that cool looking pyramid?  A sculpture?  I love all these shots with a nice tour Gerold!

I think it is a sculpture, I did not see or wiki-check before... Another Orbx-teach-me-the-world feature.

1 hour ago, Mark Abdey said:

Nice set for sure - so many features of interest... looking forward to seeing GEN for myself.

I think you will not be disappointed, whenever you find the time to begin.

52 minutes ago, BradB said:

Germany must be the manufacturing capital of Europe , how is your air quality there ? . As always fab shots and tour Gerold . :):)

Cheers

John

The air quality has gone up significantly, as coal & steel moved to Asia. Or, soon, back to the midwest America (just the pollution, but no well-paid jobs, I propose).

In fact all the mountain work is closed now, and the classical power plants are all working at low profitability, since they have to build funds for the environmental effects.

Great to get this visible by Orbx. [Not so great I still do not trust FTXCv3, as no updated release is coming.]

54 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you for watching, @dolf8857, @RJ and @Iain Emms.

I think it is a sculpture, I did not see or wiki-check before... Another Orbx-teach-me-the-world feature.

I think you will not be disappointed, whenever you find the time to begin.

The air quality has gone up significantly, as coal & steel moved to Asia. Or, soon, back to the midwest America (just the pollution, but no well-paid jobs, I propose).

In fact all the mountain work is closed now, and the classical power plants are all working at low profitability, since they have to build funds for the environmental effects.

Great to get this visible by Orbx. [Not so great I still do not trust FTXCv3, as no updated release is coming.]

[Not so great I still do not trust FTXCv3, as no updated release is coming.]  For me the new store and Central 3 has worked perfectly , no issues whatsoever . :):)

John

Thnaks @Voyager!

17 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Where do I send my money for the excellent tour I have just taken!  :) 

Thanks for your compliment, but I take it (too) seriously: It would be a fair trade to send anything to http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1332 , as the entire OZx world has worked as an incubator for many developers and my flying enthusiasm!

Archived