Berlin at day & night - with another chanson...

Stillwater

There is lots to discover in this cityscape - means that there has been a lot of work spent to make the scenery. And it is fully worth it, more: If these POIs were missing, it would be pain points.

The impression of Tempelhof EDDI (GEN unchanged, I´ll check the freeware later)...

2016-10-31_21-25-40-408.jpg

... and Alexanderplatz.

2016-10-31_21-30-51-800.jpg

The Holocaust memorial, just next to the Brandenburger Tor. No wonder the American Embassy with its electronic equipment is not detailed here.

2016-10-31_21-32-41-609.jpg

The Presidential Castle Bellevue, together with the Goldelse.

2016-10-31_21-33-47-563.jpg

Passing the Kurfürstendamm.

2016-10-31_21-37-31-760.jpg

And towards the Olympic Stadium of 1936. An example of sports used in propaganda, at least the architecture still can be used.

2016-10-31_21-41-59-608.jpg

Now back to the O2 arena at night (I saw an Aussie flying here yesterday!), ...

2016-10-31_21-13-17-205.jpg

... and - again - the Alex.

2016-10-31_21-14-15-393.jpg

Indeed, the Berlin cityscape is a pleasure. Or, as the Knef sings, "I´ll always remain true to my old love, Berlin."

WOnderful series Gerold.

A few places I have seen already but a lot that I have yet to visit.

As you rightly say there has been plenty of work put into Berlin but really the whole of GEN (the parts I have seen anyway!) appears to be highly detailed and great value for it's price.

Looks like we have started a Marlene appreciation society here too, which can't be bad.

It was my pleasure to fly over this great scenery and take you on board, @RJ, @oldboy43, @bernd1151 and @Voyager.

17 hours ago, dominique said:

I' d rather have Marlene ;)

... and Marlene and Hildegard did not only know each other, they even had similar lifielines as actors, singers, and being pushed out of Germany for some time.

15 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

WOnderful series Gerold.

A few places I have seen already but a lot that I have yet to visit.

As you rightly say there has been plenty of work put into Berlin but really the whole of GEN (the parts I have seen anyway!) appears to be highly detailed and great value for it's price.

Looks like we have started a Marlene appreciation society here too, which can't be bad.

Enough to visit and explore for all of us, and for many more hours... let us see if we always find the right songs for these flights :)

5 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Another fine German set here Gerold!

Thank you, Dolf!

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Stunning and another great tour.  You know you're tipping my hand to buy it.  Soon.

Thanks, and... take your time, Jack, until FTX3 and OrbxDirect are working properly.

Archived