The ferry continues

Jack Sawyer

22 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks fellas!

I'm showing my ignorance for all things Oz Martyn, I'll bite, what is Barra?  Fish?  Is it tasty?

Sorry Jack, it is the Barramundi and it is very tasty.

I have been a couple of times up to the NT Barra fishing and it is such a great experience.

Just have to be careful of the big Gekkos though.................aka Saltwater Crocodiles!:ph34r::ph34r:

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Sorry Jack, it is the Barramundi and it is very tasty.

I have been a couple of times up to the NT Barra fishing and it is such a great experience.

Just have to be careful of the big Gekkos though.................aka Saltwater Crocodiles!:ph34r::ph34r:

That's interesting Martyn, I'm gonna Wiki it in a sec.  And big Gekkos aka crocs!  :lol::lol:  I'd not want to tangle with one of those bad boys!

1 minute ago, Bermuda425 said:

You should be quite accustomed with maneuvering this plane by now this far from your starting point! Where did you begin again?

I started in Alaska Erik.  I have a map on the wall and use my lovely and gracious wife's red yarn and Scotch sticky Dots to keep track.  It shows quite a long trip.  But I got to see some most excellent Orbx sites.  Yes, I'm pretty good at it now but not as good as that guy, who was it?  The guy who landed at all the TAP strips in it.  Now that's some good flying!

26 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

I'd love to see a pic of your wall map. A great addition to a simmer lounge. What's the name of this plane? Didn't Bob Hoover fly it. When do you plan to arrive a your ferry destination? The customer's anticipation rises quickly I guess !

This is the actual plane in FS Economy.  He "pays" me in V$ which goes into our account.  It's actually pretty cool, like running a real bush flying service say, like we do in Alaska.  But it's all over the world.  You can buy and sell planes and FBO's, take on jobs carrying pax or freight and it keeps track of your fuel.  It's a lot of fun.  We, me and a friend in the UK do it in Orbx's SAK but basically we fly all over in a ferry flight.

So in ferry flights I get to see a lot of the world I might never go to and it's all Orbx.

My map…

T2lTRup.jpg

7 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

I love it Jack! Looks so spectacular - Indiana Jones style!

Thanks Erik, you're right it does!  I have one the same size of the US too.  On it I have the same red yarn with all my Orbx airports tabbed like the other one and hopefully soon as I get this scenery library thing straightened out I'm going to make a flight and visit all of them.

Archived