How can the olive tree fields in southern Europe be improved?

Stillwater

There is already some "photoreal surface impression" in southern Europe, here you can see it in the Messara plain in Crete. But there are too many "regular leave trees", the real Olive tree fields do look different. May there be an idea to improve this impression?

2016-10-26_20-55Messara.jpg
2016-10-26_20-55-20.jpg

• Nick Cooper changed the title to How can the olive tree fields in southern Europe be improved?

There are a limited number of textures that can form the scenery library, which means compromises must be made, and results in a limited choice for things like varying crop styles, and often shows up in areas like swamps, bogs and other wilderness areas.  So even if the developers wanted to offer a wide range of olive tree landscapes, they probably can't.

4 minutes ago, John Dow said:

There are a limited number of textures that can form the scenery library, which means compromises must be made, and results in a limited choice for things like varying crop styles, and often shows up in areas like swamps, bogs and other wilderness areas.  So even if the developers wanted to offer a wide range of olive tree landscapes, they probably can't.

Which is a shame as orchards are a distinct feature in many parts of the world.

Anyway I am more than happy with the OLC scenery we have at the moment.:)

45 minutes ago, John Dow said:

Come on John ;)

The big thing about OLC is that it brings new textures to the field (pun intended) thanks to OrbX switching technology or whatever. OLC EU has 10 distincts areas. #7 covers the South Med. So one can think that improving a little further the South Med textures is within the realm of possibility, right ?

The olive tree texture themselves could be improved too. I see a couple them right now in my garden and I've them to compare on my screen from the vegetation.bgl as shown by Instant Scenery 3.  They don't compare so well...

Now, don't take me wrong, I like very much flying with OLC EU, do that a lot in the SOuth Med and I recommend having it but there is still room for improvement. There always is. 

Yes Dominique but for every improvement you make to your olive fields, a compromise probably has to be made somewhere else.  I'm sure the devs took a long time sorting through their imagery to find the most representative overall across the continent.

What ever comes out of discussions like these, I like that we all CAN start such a discussion at all. Who knows, maybe some creative soul finds a way to take up these suggestions. And where would be a better place to look for these creative souls, if not here?

5 hours ago, Stillwater said:

What ever comes out of discussions like these, I like that we all CAN start such a discussion at all. Who knows, maybe some creative soul finds a way to take up these suggestions. And where would be a better place to look for these creative souls, if not here?

I like your line of thinking Stillwater!

Archived