very very disapointed PAVD

spinker

Hello,

I hope this is the right forum.

Before PAVD was available I went to the airport to see what it looked like. I found very bad elevation levels, totally unusable. I also have many other airports with elevation problems as well.

I was hoping that when the "PAVD Valdez" was published that the elevation problem would be resolved... WRONG they are worse with the new files.

Totally unusable. I tried Global Vector and was able to move PAVD from disabled to enabled, ran the Auto Configuration file as directed, also the latest FTX ORBX Library file. Elevations not useable Tried to take off on runway, aircraft fell thru the runway. Total Loss.

If I cannot get some help to correct this problem it will be like throwing $40.00 out the window.

So please help.

I have included my scenery.cfg file and my Scenery Config Editor. I have been told that my scenery.cfg was alright but I have been checking online typical scenery.cfg files and I still think my problem might be my scenery.cfg file

spinker

Scenery.CFG

Hello spinker,

Your own post explains why your new purchase does not work.

Errors created at an airport location will not be corrected by the

installation of yet another airport at the same location.

You should remove the product and search your large collection of addon

scenery for files that are causing the problem.

Using the search term "PAVD" would be a good point to start.

Until the default PAVD is displaying correctly, it is unlikely that the new

product will either.

Another way would be to use the scenery config editor to create a new scenery.cfg file that

does not contain 1009 entries but does contain only entries for your FTX products.

If you need guidance on how to do this please ask.

I am aware that this has been suggested to you before and that you declined to do it.

I notice also that your FSX version does not include Acceleration, do you have the service packs

installed?

I have no idea how or why you attached SceneryConfigEditor.exe but if you did

this on purpose, please do not do so again.

Hi Spinker

I can add that during testing I had deleted some elevation files included in Southern Alaska by mistake.  I had raised runways at Valdez.   Nothing I tried worked.   After I reinstalled SAK all was good.  Hopefully you have the same result.  Cheers

Making some progress. Should I uninstall SAK before re-installing.

The file name I am downloading is FTXNABlueSAK150 is that correct?

Thank you all for your help.

Sorry about Scenery Config Editor, must have been too large? Wont do again.

spinker

OK Nick,

You really got my attention.

On the Acceleration packs, that was quite a while ago. I'm sure I did, Is there a way to check if they are there.  I would always install major programs when they are suggested.

I am now interested in creating a new scenery.cfg. Although I have numerous scenery files I I I fly in mostly Orbx areas now so I think I would like to make a new scenery.cfg file.

Could you help me with this?

spinker

Hi

if Your fsx.exe is  dated  september 2007 with a version like  .........FSX-Xpack 2007   and if You have the default FA-18 in the .....\Simobjects\Airplanes\FA-18\ folder  then  You have Acceleration

Cheers

The give away which prompted my question is the absence of Edwards AFB to Reno from the attached scenery.cfg file.

All five extras are only added by Acceleration, so unless you have deliberately deleted them from your scenery.cfg file,

you do not have Acceleration installed.

If you click on Help\About Microsoft Flight SimulatorX, it will tell you what version your have installed.

Here is mine.

If yours doesn't say X pack you have not installed Acceleration.

In itself that doesn't necessarily matter, so long as it says SP2 instead.

Untitled.jpg

I have no experience of them but there are numerous UT entries also.

I can explain to you how to make a new scenery.cfg file but it will require a working knowledge of the Scenery Config Editor and I think a new topic.

Hello Nick,

For some reason I could not get a screenshot of my "About Flight Simulator" screen but I copied what you may want to see

Flight Simulator X Deluxe
10.0.61472.0 (fsx-sp2 .20071210-2023)
Product ID: 83884-104-2713645-70127

spinker

Your scenery library is such a mess that I cannot imagine that advice on 

elevation is going to be of any use.

I attach a default FSX scenery.cfg file.

Back up your scenery.cfg file and replace it with this one.

Then go to ORBX\Scripts and run as an administrator, in this order,

FTXConfigurator.exe

FTXConfigurator_OLC.exe

FTXConfigurator_VECTOR.exe

Then run FSX and see how many errors in your FTX products remain.

Scenery.CFG

Emfbi, but I took a look at the OP's original,scenery.cfg and the first thing it lists is a reference to FS9. Forgive my error if I am wrong,. It my understanding is that ORBX products are NOT compatible with FS9.

sherm

2 hours ago, shermank said:

Emfbi, but I took a look at the OP's original,scenery.cfg and the first thing it lists is a reference to FS9. Forgive my error if I am wrong,. It my understanding is that ORBX products are NOT compatible with FS9.

sherm

I think the first entry, relating to FS9, is normal. At least it's present in my scenery.cfg for FSX-SE. 

The FS9 reference on the first entry of the scenery config. is a result of having the "Empty scenery cache on exit" box checked in the Scenery Library so it is normal to be in the scenery.cfg .

Hello Nick,

I have run the scenery.cfg and checked the areas where I was having texture problems and 

and elevation problems. Everything was as it should be, no problems.

Is there a next to this?

Thanks Nick

spinker

If you ran all three configurators you should now have a scenery.cfg

file which allows all your FTX products to work as they should.

Using the scenery config editor, I would recommend that you save that

scenery.cfg file, perhaps as sceneryFTX.cfg so that if things go wrong

again you can load it again.

You can reload your original scenery.cfg file at any point if you wish to see

your other addon scenery.

should now have a scenery.cfg

file which allows all your FTX products to work as they should.

I did review your scenery.cfg file so I am familiar with what you did.

This morning I went into Scenery Config Editor to check what was listed there, It seems that all "Orbx" files were now listed, your scenery.cfg was gone. These changes seem to have happend by themselves, I did not touch anything. Went into FSX world/scenery and

all Orbx files were listed there as well. I thought that this might be part of what you were doing.

I checked out areas that had elevation problems, problems were still there. I checked area that had texture problems, they were corrected.

I'm not sure what I am doing now. I Could get rid of the current changed scenery.cfg file and put yours back?

Sometimes I think my machine is haunted because of the strange things that happen.

spinker

I would think that my scenery.cfg is still there but as it does, FTX Central has added its entries to it.

You might wish to keep a copy of mine as it is a default scenery.cfg file, you could call that sceneryDEFAULT.cfg.

When things go wrong, it is always a good place to start from.

I had expected that you might have done what I suggested in post 12, which adds all the FTX entries to

the scenery.cfg file, perhaps not?

FTX Central doesn't add Vector or Open LC entries.

Hello Nick, This is a little long winded but I hope you will read  all.

I had planned to do what you suggested but it was done by something other than me.I really appreciate your attempt to help with my elevation problems. 

I decided to try some of the airports listed in the new scenery.cfg file with all Orbx files listed. I chose about 20 different locations, 8 of the 20 came up with elevation problems, so I don't think this new scenery.cfg file is correcting the elevation problem.

As I think about it I really did not have have elevation problems until I used the green line to install vector 1.45. 

Now I have told you about strange things happening in my computer dealing with FSX. 

When the green line automatic update for Vector 1.45 was run this is what happened. 

When I loaded FSX and loaded Plan G which I always use, 
(you must have plan G). I found that plan G will no longer locate the aircraft on the map. I went to the Plan G forum the moderator said I should check my FSUIPC file he said that is what locates the aircraft, so I went to

FSX /world/ add-ons. I found all of my add-ons were gone they were wiped out including FSUIPC. I believe this was caused by my Vector 1.45 upgrade.  this something I would not have done.

Next was a program called Legacy Lights on and off this was before they were included in FTX Central 2. 

I ran one of the files when they were stand alone files. When I went into FSX I no longer had any scenery. When I checked my FSX/world/scenery file there were no entries totally blank, fortunately I had some backups to rebuild my world/scenery. 
This leads me to believe something is wrong within my computer or FSX.

I also noticed my terrain.cfg file  was dated 10/7/2016 the same day as I ran the green line Backup Vector 1.45, it appears something changed my terrain.cfg.

Another terrain.cfg found in an older backup was dated 1/5/2014
What do you think?

spinker

Hi Spinker

I'm intrigued by your mention of FSX/world/scenery.  That is not a default path within FSX.  Is that something you've created for your scenery?  Or are you referring to FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery, which contains traffic files and elevation adjustments?

Addon scenery has its own folder in the main FSX folder. It should not be inside another folder.

FSUIPC exists within the main FSX Modules folder.  A reinstall of FSUIPC should restore what is required to connect with Plan G.

Sometimes the quickest way to resolve problems that defy explanation is to completely re-install FSX after a drive format.  I have done it twice in the last year to resolve issues that were frustrating and couldn't find the solution.  The advantage of a rebuild is that you often find that the sim runs better with everything nicely defragmented as well.

Just a thought.

Hello John,

Answer to some of your questions.

I'm intrigued by your mention of FSX/world/scenery

That was a typo what I meant was within FSX go to World/Scenery Library.

Complete Re-install of FSX would not work.

I am 82 years old and I have 1012 scenery files plus hundreds of aircraft and all the updates

required for FSX I would probably be dead before i finished.

Addon scenery is in its own file in the FSX root directory.

I was able to restore FSIUPC easily since it was registered,Plan G now works.

OK it was just a suggestion.  What I did to make my reinstalls not a chore was to install FSX then Global and a couple of aircraft, and a region and a couple of airports.  Didn't take long.  Then I spent a few days flying in these sceneries I hadn't probably flown in for over two years.  Once I had my fill of them, I spent another hour or so installing another region and a few more airports, and then a few days doing what the sim is designed for, flying...

It's been months since I reinstalled, i've done heaps of flying, I have all regions and most airports installed, but as yet only a couple of the NA airports. So I have at least a few more months of occasional installs followed by lots of flying, which is what I started simming for in the first place.

Archived