Updated Plan-G Global Freeware Airports 9-8-2016

BrettT

I believe they are all or nothing.  In Plan-G you import the csv file and the program compares it to what is currently in its data base.  Anything that isn't already in the Plan-G data base will get added.  Anything that is already in it will be left out.  You could always edit the CSV file in excel but deleting the rows you do not want and save it as a csv.

Hope this helps

You just go to "data...manage...import"  Basically it is a way of putting a marker by all the FTX global freeware airports in the airport packs, so you know which ones have been updated.  Do a search on here and I have also put up some files that do something similar for the POI for the regions as well. 

A CSV file is just a text file with Comma Separated Values.  It can be read with any text reader or excel or something like that.  It is also the format that Plan-G reads in

27 minutes ago, BrettT said:

You just go to "data...manage...import"  Basically it is a way of putting a marker by all the FTX global freeware airports in the airport packs, so you know which ones have been updated.  Do a search on here and I have also put up some files that do something similar for the POI for the regions as well. 

A CSV file is just a text file with Comma Separated Values.  It can be read with any text reader or excel or something like that.  It is also the format that Plan-G reads in

Just curious, what kind of marker are you referring to?  I don't seem to see anything special. 

35 minutes ago, BrettT said:

You may need to zoom out a little bit.  The marker's might be covered by the airport icon within Plan-G.  If you zoom out enough you should see a bunch of yellow squares which show where the Freeware FTX airports are

Uhh, no such luck...no yellow squares.  I'm reasonably sure I imported that cvs file correctly, so who knows?  That's ok...I have the kmz file(s) through #27.  Just waiting for #28.  Thank you anyway.

Look around Derek...there are some posts on here on how to get mapbox to work within it.

Stewart, you may need to adjust the LOD that certain features (Ie user waypoints appear/disappear).  Got to Map on the ribbon strip then click the little arrow in the corner of the "user waypoints" menu bar

1 hour ago, BrettT said:

Look around Derek...there are some posts on here on how to get mapbox to work within it.

Stewart, you may need to adjust the LOD that certain features (Ie user waypoints appear/disappear).  Got to Map on the ribbon strip then click the little arrow in the corner of the "user waypoints" menu bar

The problem is I can't get the tickbox for user waypoint 2 (the yellow one) to remain ticked so that I can change the minimum zoom.  The user 2 box is highlighted but the tickbox (when you click the little arrow) is not ticked.  So something else is going on that doesn't seem to be documented in the user manual.  Oh well.  :huh:

Some time ago I took on the exercise and compiled The Australian Air Services ERSA (Enroute Supplement) which lists ALL registered Australian IFR and VFR waypoints in it.

I created 'Data CSV' files for both IFR and VFR locations so they could be found and used with Plan-G when creating (.PLN) Flightplans for FSX

There were some 1,923 IFR waypoints and 1,012 VFR waypoints and most are non-existent in FSX at all and were simply not shown when building the database for Plan-G from FSX.

This post refers to another Website which I hope ORBX see this is purely to help other Flightsim community members.

I posted the Data CSV files at the 'OZx World Of Simulations' website which I must advise I have no vested interest in whatsoever but was just another source for the Flightsim community with a variety of add-on software and liveries available 

The Data CSV files are FREE to anyone to download

IFR link here http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3166-plang-australian-ersa-ifr-waypoints/

VFR link here http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3153-plang-australian-ersa-vfr-waypoints/

1 hour ago, rf253 said:

Some time ago I took on the exercise and compiled The Australian Air Services ERSA (Enroute Supplement) which lists ALL registered Australian IFR and VFR waypoints in it.

I created 'Data CSV' files for both IFR and VFR locations so they could be found and used with Plan-G when creating (.PLN) Flightplans for FSX

There were some 1,923 IFR waypoints and 1,012 VFR waypoints and most are non-existent in FSX at all and were simply not shown when building the database for Plan-G from FSX.

This post refers to another Website which I hope ORBX see this is purely to help other Flightsim community members.

I posted the Data CSV files at the 'OZx World Of Simulations' website which I must advise I have no vested interest in whatsoever but was just another source for the Flightsim community with a variety of add-on software and liveries available 

The Data CSV files are FREE to anyone to download

IFR link here http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3166-plang-australian-ersa-ifr-waypoints/

VFR link here http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/3153-plang-australian-ersa-vfr-waypoints/

Im pretty new to plan G

When building a plan for OZ airports I get a message all over the map saying "map quest developer as of july 2016 access denied" Am Im missing an update?

Also where do the 2 files above go?

5 hours ago, dogtrack said:

Go to File/Options....and change the Map Provider (right hand box).    I use the OpenCycleMap option which is still available and works well enough.

The 2 csv files you do with as stated earlier in the post.

Those 2 files are RAR files though

Unzip them and you will find .csv files.  WinZip, WinRAR, 7zip or something similar as apposed to M$ built in unzipper.  Plenty of free ones available.  I use WinRAR (best of the bunch IMHO) myself which was the program used to zip it up in the first place, hence .RAR files.  You can download a trial version for free if I remember rightly.  Been many years (15+) since I first bought it.

Archived