wishlist for Aussie airports

fluro35

Loving my orbx products and the sense of realism they bring, I would love to see an update of Canberra because there has been so much development around the airport. I would also love to see Albury and Wagga Wagga given a make over, two of Australia's regional airports that provide not only GA flights to the surrounding areas but major flights from Qantaslink, Rex,Virgin and a new service from Albury to Brisbane by Jetgo.

Would love to hear of other peoples suggestions

kent  

Don't hold your breath fellas. This subject has been raised a couple of times before and we have been told in no uncertain terms that there is not enough money to be made from Australian airports. Having said that there is a team of guys at OZx who are working on Australian airports.

A recent release has included airports like Oodnadatta in SA, Quilpie and Eulo in Queensland, Bourke, The Oaks and Warren in NSW as well as some others that have slipped my aging mind at the moment. Also we have the major reporting points for entry into Bankstown.

Bankstown is soon to go into Beta with a view to a quick release. Also Broken Hill and Parkes are also under active development as well as a small farm airstrip on the Darling Downs in Queensland.  Albury and Wagga Wagga have come up in discussions.

Hi Aussieman

thanks for the reply. I have also been using the OZx downloads to update airfileds and vfr points. Broken Hill and Mildura would be worthwhile updates for the far west of NSW. Bankstown is amazing and have been practising VFR flights from here. I head up your way in January to stay with friends at Copacobana and Umina at the big 4 caravan park.  A beautiful part of Australia.

6 hours ago, Pat Cox (Aussieman) said:

Don't hold your breath fellas. This subject has been raised a couple of times before and we have been told in no uncertain terms that there is not enough money to be made from Australian airports. Having said that there is a team of guys at OZx who are working on Australian airports.

A recent release has included airports like Oodnadatta in SA, Quilpie and Eulo in Queensland, Bourke, The Oaks and Warren in NSW as well as some others that have slipped my aging mind at the moment. Also we have the major reporting points for entry into Bankstown.

Bankstown is soon to go into Beta with a view to a quick release. Also Broken Hill and Parkes are also under active development as well as a small farm airstrip on the Darling Downs in Queensland.  Albury and Wagga Wagga have come up in discussions.

Great news about Bankstown ! I grew up there and learned to fly at the airport and have been patiently waiting for someone to have a crack at it

37 minutes ago, fluro35 said:

Hi Aussieman

thanks for the reply. I have also been using the OZx downloads to update airfileds and vfr points. Broken Hill and Mildura would be worthwhile updates for the far west of NSW. Bankstown is amazing and have been practising VFR flights from here. I head up your way in January to stay with friends at Copacobana and Umina at the big 4 caravan park.  A beautiful part of Australia.

Actually almost next door to me. When you get closer to coming up here PM me and we can arrange to get together for a coffee. Also you will find me on Facebook with the same profile pic as my avatar.

I personally bought all of the Aussie airports as soon as they were translated into P3D compliant builds. I love my aussie airports and my FTX Australia region. I'm just wrapped with the Canberra cityscape and airport combination in particular.

Id love to see Orbx versions of

Ayers Rock

Mount Hotham

Lord Howe Island

Tumut

Cooma

Goulburn

Polo Flat

Gundaroo

Adminiby

Wagga Wagga

Bankstown

Hoslyworthy Barracks

And on and on :)

I know I could be a bit biased, but Wagga is unique due to air force base and general airport using the same facilities . The air force don't use it for actual flying anymore but do have regular cargo planes landing. Also REX has its main training base here and they have about 30 piper warriors for the student to practise on before they move into the Saabs.

Archived